Chapter Three: I'm To Blame

Mitch paced outside the trauma room, waiting for the police. He kept looking in on the doctors in the trauma room all crowded around Scott. He was dizzy and couldn't get the image of Scott's blood filling  the studio floor out of his mind. A few minutes later, a doctor stepped out of Scott's room; expresionless.

        "Is he okay?" Mitch questioned, tears filling his eyes.

        "He is stable. We fixed the wound and stopped the bleeding. His blood pressure and heart rate are back up and he should be waking up soon."

        "Can I see him?"

        "He is about to be escorted to an official room... but... I guess you can see him."

        Mitch ran into the room and over to Scott. He burst into tears, squeezing Scott's hand.

        "I'm sorry!" Mitch sobbed. "I should've let you call the police. I thought I could handle it. This is my fault! It should've been me."

        "Excuse me sir?" a nurse tapped Mitch's shoulder. "We need to clear the room. We are taking Mr. Hoying-"

        "Grassi-Hoying." Mitch sniffled.

        "I'm sorry. We are taking Mr. Grassi-Hoying to a proper room. You may walk with us if you want."

        "Okay."

        A group of three nurses gathered around Scott's bed and wheeled him out while Mitch followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        "Mitch?" Scott called, dizzy from sleep. "Mitch?" He looked around the room and saw no one. In a panic, he shot out of bed; wincing at the pain in his side, and left his room.

        A nurse approached him with a wheelchair.

        "Sir," she started, "I'm nurse Jen. You were in an accident and you got hurt pretty badly. You should sit down." She walked around the chair and took his hand in hers.

        "No!" Scott yelled as he yanked it away. He grabbed onto her shoulders. "I nned Mitch! Where is he?"

        "Mr. Grassi-Hoying... I-I need you to calm down. Mr. Grassi-Hoying is in the lobby with the police.

        Scott let go of nurse Jen and looked into her eyes. "Will you take me to him?" He asked. "Please?" Nurse Jen took his hand and sat him down gently in the wheelchair and wheeled him down to the lobby.

        Once in the lobby, Scott searched the room for his boyfriend. In the corner, he saw Mitch, pacing back and forth, biting his nails.

        "Mitch!"

        "Scott!" Mitch ran into Scott's arms and bawled.

        Scott winced. "Let's go back to the our room and we can talk."

        The walk back to the room was filled with the sound of Mitch's muffled cries of joy.