Chapter Sixteen: Waking up

Hey ya'll! I'm very excited to say that I will be auditioning for A Capella Academy for next year. I'm thinking through my song options and I really hope I get in. I didn't quite make it last year but I am hopeful this year. But anyways, enough with my life. Happy reading!

Mitch felt unbelievable pain and opened his eyes quickly. Scott sat next to the bed sobbing. They were currently in the I.C.U.

"Scotty?" Mitch choked out and gasped when Scott smiled and grasped his hand.

"Mitch. Thank God you're alright! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I shouldn't have agreed to-"

"Scott. I'm fine. I'm alright. Don't apologize."

"But I just let you save that girl, and it almost got you killed. I-I wouldn't have been able to forgive myself if you didn't make it."

"Scotty. I made it. I'm here. I'm... here..."

A flat line scanned across Mitch's heart monitor.

"Mitch? Mitch! NO! Derrick!"

Derrick rushed in and pushed Scott away. He started compressions while the nurses filed in with a crash cart. "Quick charge to 200." Derrick said to nurse Joy as he took the paddles from her. Another nurse took over compressions. "Clear!" Derrick pressed the paddles to Mitch's chest and shocked electricity into Mitch's body.

Mitch surged forward and fell back. Nothing.

"Charge to 250.... Clear!" Derrick shocked him again. This time Mitch's eyes opened wide as he gasped for air.

"Mitchie!" Scott yelled and squeezed through the doctors. "you're back!"

"I'm okay." Mitch fell asleep soon after. Scott sat next to the bed again and held tightly to Mitch's hand.

Sorry it's so short. I thought the chapter was best left alone like this. I will post again soon. Stay awesome and Happy Reading!