Chapter Six: Resting

Mitch walked for two hours from the hosital to his apartment, thinking about what Scott said. Maybe he's right, Mitch thougt, Maybe I do need rest. It probably wont hurt just getting a few minutes to myself, just to freshen up a bit. 

        He walked up the stairs to his door and unlocked it. He was greeted by Wyatt meowing loudly and jumping on him.

        "Hey baby." Mitch picked him up and carried him to his room. "I guess I could take a shower and get out of these clothes." He set Wyatt down, undressed, and grabbed a T-shirt and sweat pants.

        On the way to the bathroom, he caught a glimpse of himself in his full-body mirror. His eyes were still purple and bloodshot, and his nose was a little swolen. Hand prints were imprinted into his throat, and his right side was bruised. Sudden terrible memories of the night came rushing back into his mind.

        He saw Travis' hand around his throat, being punched and kicked. He recalled Travis' words and a pair of violent lips forcing his own onto them. He remembered his head slamming onto the floor, almost braking his neck. He was terrified of his memories, so terrified he froze in place, staring at himself in the mirror.

        It's okay Mitch. He's not here and he's not with Scott.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mitch stood under the piercing water and stared at the wall in silence. He let the hot steaming water pour down his body with no expression. After one hour of showering, he got dressed and threw himself onto his bed. He slept until the next morning.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey ya'll! Thanks so much for reading! I have a question about the future end of this book. Do you want me to end it with a small cliff hanger and write a third (I'm leaning towards this one), or do you want this book to be the last one? Comment below which you would like best! Thanks again for your support and I love you all. <3