Chapter Eight: The Struggle is Real

Crack! Mitch felt unbelievable pain in his right leg. He struggled to get up, but it cracked and he crumpled to the ground. Scott! I need to get to Scott! He yelled to himself.
He screamed in agony as he rose himself up. The Starbucks is on the way. I can get my car and drive the rest of the way. He hopped on his good leg over to the parking lot of his apartment building and supported himself using the cars. Adrenaline was pumping through him as he neared the road.
I need to go faster. He thought. He didn't care how much it hurt, he put his right leg down and started running. He heard cracks on every other step and the pain made his vision blurry. It took him 10 minutes to get to Starbucks where both his and Scott's car were parked. By now he was ready to pass out. He strained toward his car and got in. He drove briskly to the hospital, using his left foot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mitch rammed through the front doors and fell to the floor.
"Scott!" He yelled.
A group of nurses crowded him, trying to help, but Mitch pushed them away.
"Get Scott! I need to see Scott now!" He yelled.
"Sir. Your leg is in bad shape. Let us help you and we can get Scott for you."
"No! Get me Scott now!"
"Sir please. We're trying to help. If you don't let us, you may lose your ability to walk."
"I don't care! Get Scott! He's not safe!" Mitch pushed the doctors out of the way and crawled toward the elevator.
"He's not cooperating. Sedate him!" Someone called behind him.
Mitch was still tumbling to the elevator when he felt a sting in his back. He felt drowsy. No. I need to get to Scott before Travis does. He's not-