Behind The Glasses

Also posted on AO3 ( Dreamless Night )

-----

The crowd scared her. Everyone's face looks scary. She is afraid of having to deal with people, even though not everyone is mean to her, but what can she do? It was all embedded in her little head.

People say there's nothing wrong with being inconspicuous in society, but the truth is that without someone by your side, you are the target of other people's ridicule.

The condescending gazes, disgust and pity were the most painful.

What has she done?

Nothing.

Did she make a big mistake so that she was always the victim of bullying at school?

Never.

So what's the reason she's miserable?

Just because she's a nerd.

Her blonde hair is always tied in a ponytail, thick spectacles perched on the top of her nose, she always wears a long sleeved uniform and of course a skirt that goes down to her knees. She always went everywhere with a book or two in her arms, as if her life would be lost if there was nothing in her hands.

Now if you ask who made herlike this then the answer is her father. An overprotective father of his only daughter with his beloved wife. Despite his own fame, he doesn't want his beloved daughter to be known to the public. If possible he wanted his daughter to live in his shadow with him choosing a future husband for her and living happily under his protection. But all of that was opposed by his wife who protested that it was the same as confining their child.

Thanks to her mother's help, she was able to at least go to school like an ordinary child even though she had to hide her real appearance.

...

Adonis High School

Many of the children who are educated there are geniuses gathered from all over the world. The school with the highest graduation rate but also the most difficult for anyone to enter. Tight security with the best facilities in the world as well as learning that is not inferior to the best universities. In other words heaven on earth.

But behind all that luxury, even this place was no exception with having bad students.

Lucas, a final year student nicknamed the school boss. The leader of the gang that everyone fears, even though the girls find it really cool. He was cold and untouchable, and his friends couldn't figure out what was going on in his head either. He won every fight with other gangs or schools who dared to insult his school.

Even though he was known to be delinquent, he never run away from studying every day.

Instead, he always scored the highest score in the entire class.

Lucas is famous as the son of a rich prime minister but rumors circulate that he never got the love of his father, but does he care? Fuck that old man.

...

On the other side of Lucas, there was a girl who grew up to be shy until her teenage years. Athanasia de Alger Obelia is the daughter of a billionaire with wealth and power for a long time. It is said that they are direct descendants of the royal family of Obelia in the past.

Athanasia doesn't like noise, but that doesn't mean she likes loneliness either.

She just didn't want to be bothered too deeply about her life. She hopes to graduate well and sit in her father's place one day. That's all, nothing more.