Chapter three: Intruder

Everyone stood up and looked around. "What's going on?" I said. Everyone looked around trying to find out why the alarms were going off. All of the sudden water started filling up the room at a quick pace. There must be a hole somewhere.
"How are we going to find where all of this water is coming from before it fills up the tank? It could be anywhere!" I said.
"It's not that big of a room. We can all look and we should find it quick enough. Riley, go look for something to seal the hole with once we find it." Rachel said. Riley went to the supply room and the rest of us were looking for the hole. The water was up to our knees now. Well, my knees at least. Rachel was about 6 inches taller than me, so it only reached close to the top of her calf.
"I found it!" I heard Cynthia shout. "Some idiot left the door open!"
"Who?" Riley asked.
"That's not important at the moment." I say.
"That sounds like something the idiot who left the door open would say." She said. I ignored her and went to help Cynthia close it. Two more people came over and we were able to close it properly.
Cynthia and I were soaking wet. Everyone else only had part of their pants wet, but none of us had a change of clothes, and there was still a foot of water on the ground. We looked around for a way to empty the water out of the submarine. Eventually, we found an empty room that we drained the water in. Luckily, it was waterproof and you could close the bottom part of the door without the top part, so we managed to take a few buckets and put most of the water in there. When we finished, we sat down at the table, exhausted.
"Who was the dumbass who left the entrance open?" Cynthia asked.
"Ashley was the last person to come in." Michelle said.
"Yea, but I made sure I shut it tight. I even had the prince help me." I responded with
"Good. 'Cause you're not strong and couldn't close anything like that tightly for your life." Rachel said.
"Hey!" I said offended, but then realized it's true. "Your right, but that doesn't give you the right to point it out!" Everyone laughed, and I couldn't help but laugh too.
"Okay, but if you did close it, how come it opened? It's working completely fine now."
There was silence for a moment. "Maybe someone came in after us." The prince said quietly.
"Like an intruder?" I asked. He nodded.
"It's a pretty small space. Don't you think we would have seen the person by now?"
"Odds are, if someone's going to break into a room with one of the most famous people in the world on it, they would probably be extremely well hidden." Rachel said.
Michelle stood up. "I guess we better get searching for them then." She said. "But be careful. There could be more than one and they could be armed."
We all got up and went searching for any secret compartments or rooms in the submarine. We checked all of the walls and found a few secret compartments, but no people. We were about to give up, when a tile on the floor came up. Two girls walked out. We stared at each other for a while, not really sure what to do.
"Hi." One of the girls said quietly.
"What the hell are you doing in our submarine?" Riley said slightly rudely. Michelle glared at her in disapproval.
"I-I heard about what was going to happen, with the missiles and everything. I was afraid my sister wouldn't get a submarine, so we just hid in this one. I'm sorry, but I wanted her to be safe."
I read everyone's facial expressions to make sure they were thinking what I was.
"I understand. If I had a sister I would have done what I had to for her to be safe too." I said.
"You're not mad?" She asked.
"No. Come on, you guys can choose a bed. I'm Rachel, by the way." Rachel said walking into the other room. "I'm Katrina, and this is Caitlin." The older girl said. They followed, smiling. Everyone else left too, except for me and the prince.
"So," he said. "today has been a pretty weird day.
"Oh really? Today has been pretty normal for me." I said sarcastically. He smiled and I smiled back.
I grabbed a towel from a cabinet, still soaked from the water leakage.
"Oh, you must be freezing." He said. "I'm a little more wet than cold." I responded with. "Here." He took off the sweatshirt and gave it to me. I put it on. The smell reminded me of the pine trees in the forest I used to walk around by my house. That was one of my favorite places to be.
"Thanks." I said.
"Anytime."
There was silence for a few seconds. "So what is your name?" I asked. "You're known by everyone on the planet, and I don't think any of them even know your real name."
He was quiet for a moment. "My parents told me I'm not supposed to tell anyone, but I feel like I can trust you. It's Derek."
"Derek." I repeated. "Nice to meet you, prince Derek."
"Nice to meet you, too. I'm not allowed to talk to a lot of people who aren't related to me or aren't my age, so it's nice to have a real friend for once."
"I don't have that many friends either, so I guess that works out." I said smiling.
I guess our world almost ending wasn't a complete tragedy after all.

If you've read the first two chapters before this one was updated, you should know I changed Michael to Michelle. Don't forget to vote for this and comment!