40.

-------------------------------------

The Wedding night

He could've been screaming for hours.

There was rage so cold burning in his chest Kai thought he might as well burn the whole place down. His hands were painted with blood once again. It cascaded down his fingers and soaked into the ground. Just like his heart was slowly bleeding away in his chest. 

He had it all a second ago. And now she was gone. He couldn't do anything. She was breaking right there in his arms and he couldn't....he couldn't-

You can't stop it.

Let me go.

He couldn't stop seeing her face. Repeating her words over and over until he felt the painful press of tears in his throat. 

He had been waiting all day to see her. She was late, so he'd stood silent, arms crossed across his chest watching the people move around the wedding ground. Tonight was the night everything was going to end. His coven. The torment his father had caused him. Everything. 

He hadn't forgiven the world for moving on without him. And he had no reason to. He could've had a life in which his parents hadn't driven him to the point of insanity. Could've grown up to become a doctor just like Jo. They could have given him that life. 

And Emma, Emma, Emma.

The one person that had been through everything with him. She was his. Entirely his. And he was going to hold on to that. He had to thank her for holding him together for so many years. Who knows what limits he would've crossed if it wasn't for her. Yes, he would thank her. 

He would bring her a gift, he decided. She would like that. He also wanted to be a better partner for her. So many promises he'd made. He was going to make sure he kept every single one of them. 

Straightening the lapels of his suit, he turned to walk in another direction when he noticed her. Kai couldn't contain the grin that spread across his face. He'd waited all day to see her and sweet lord... 

Emma had said the day before that she wasn't sure how the dress was going to turn out to be. Looking at her now she couldn't be more perfect. Strands of her hair had been delicately looped from the behind like a crown letting the remaining cool waves brush against her collarbones.

The sweetheart neckline of her dress hung low around her chest, from there the cloth extended fitting around her waist like a corset and finally blossomed into layers of skirts that ended just a little below her thighs. 

She looked like one of the faeries children read about in books. Unreal. 

Her hands nervously fiddled with each other which he thought was normal given the circumstances. She had also forgotten to cloak herself. Kai murmured the spell under his breath cloaking her in with him.