Chapter 43: Sharon & Ozzy

"SHARONNNNN!"

"SHARONNNNN!"

I rolled my eyes and groaned in frustration as I slammed my pen down on my notepad, rubbing my forehead and letting out a little groan as Ozzy shouted me from downstairs.

I was about to stand up to go and find out what my darling fiancée wanted when the study door swung open.

"Oh! There you are! I've been looking all over for you" he said as he closed the door, downing the rest of his whiskey and stumbled over to me.

I could smell the booze lingering on him from the other side of the room. He'd been drinking heavily since Sam passed. I knew he loved me but, he was always going to love her too. They'd known each other since they were kids, and they had Olivia, it was a huge chunk of his life that had just... gone.

"I told you I was going to be in here. I'm trying to work on rescheduling everything" I sighed.

He frowned at me and pulled that face that literally read "what the fuck are you talking about?".

"...the show up in San Bernardino...our wedding..." I started to list off.

"Oh right... Well... why do we need to reschedule?" He asked.

If there was anything to be certain of in this life, it was that Ozzy never had a fucking clue what you, or I, or anyone was talking about.

"Because San Bernardino is your chance to really WOW the American crowds before the tour and it's only 2 weeks away, you're in no fit state to perform and I don't think next month is a relevant time for us to get married when we haven't even planned..." I sighed and tilted my head to the side.

"I know... I know" he mumbled and looked down.

I hesitated before opening my mouth but I knew I had to bite the bullet and take whatever reaction he was going to throw my way. "The funeral home have been calling... they keep asking for us to start planning..."

"Alright Sharon! I get it!" He snapped as he waved his hand at me, gesturing me to shut up.

I knew Ozzy was suffering, but he needed to pull his finger out of his arse. Sam was his ex wife, his childhood sweetheart and best friend for a long time, he had a right to grieve for her but he would always be able to find love again, Liv on the other hand had lost her mother, she couldn't replace her no matter what and Ozzy needed to be strong for her.

"Look, I know you're hurting right now and nobody can blame you for that, you're entitled to grieve darling, but you need put the booze away, sober yourself up and be there for your daughter" I said sternly.

"Well what do you want me to do, Sharon!? I've called her..."

I looked at him completely puzzled. "Ozzy, she needs her dad there with her. I know that you two aren't on the greatest terms but apart from your parents, you're basically the only blood family she's got left! We need to get the cleaners in to clean up the penthouse so she has a place of her own to go too or maybe even put it up for sale and help her find a new place and get her set up because I can't imagine she wants to go back. We need to get our ducks in a row and start making arrangements because that bloody phone hasn't stopped ringing, and we need to start supporting Liv better before she ends up on a downward spiral! I know you want to pretend like your fine on your own and that you have a handle on thing, but I know you Ozzy and it's clear you need her too" I sighed.