Thirty-Seven

Tallulah had a glass of champagne in her hand that was half empty as she'd been on her third by now and drank an entire Mai Tai previously to start off her night. The brunette walked around the deck filled with people, trying to find the back or front door to get inside the country club, looking for the bathrooms. She swayed side to side to the music, eyes dancing as the smell of freshly cut grass filled her system, along with the many different alcoholic beverages being served at the party.

People danced and conversed across the deck, all standing groups of women, men or mixed as they laughed and held drinks. Waiters walked around the deck with circle trays filled with drinks or empty glasses lying around. Teenagers were standing among those on the beach and grassed area, all fooling around immaturely as alcohol entered their systems and nothing more but sex and drinks were on their mind.

The summer night was cool and breezy, allowing for the perfect evening for all to have fun before someone would be given an award. Of course that person was Ward Cameron and every Kook was glad the man was getting the occasion to show off his efforts as they cheered him on. His wife especially was grateful and his kids didn't quite understand, each of them going through something different.

Sarah having boy troubles, Rafe having Pogue problems, and Wheezie of non inclusion since she was too young. Each of their problems resolved around many different things and some were even common, however they were each similar in some ways. Sarah realized Topper wasn't the right guy for her and that the boy who'd been fired by her father was someone she was beginning to like more. 

Proceeded by Rafe's troubles of disliking the Pogues and their constant prank and revenge wars back on them. He wanted to absolutely beat the shit out of the Pogues, especially John B, JJ, and Pope because they were his target. He wanted revenge on JJ for putting a gun to Topper's head and on Pope for sinking Topper's boat. HIs life was entirely a mess and he had no one to support him but Kelce and Topper.

Walking around a few people, Tallulah sipped the rest of her champagne before placing the empty glass on a waiter's tray who'd walked by. She noticed a few old friends of hers dancing around together and she smiled to herself before stepping off the deck, needing to figure out where she was and how to get inside the building.

With a sigh, she thought, unsure where the door was because too many blocked her vision and she herself became a little woozy from the drinks she had. She'd drank before but never enough to be completely hammered and it wasn't often she did drink, knowing how she could be, just like when she smoked. 

Walking up behind her, a blond boy had smiled upon seeing her alone because it meant he could have a conversation with her. No one could see them and they wouldn't get into trouble for being seen together, especially since the sky was becoming rather dark as the hours went by. The blond had approached her from behind casually, buttoning up his jacket and ran a hand back through his hair. 

"Tallulah," He began. "Didn't expect to see you out here."

She turned on her heels, hair falling behind her back and she tilted her head. "Oh, no. I'm looking for the way in." She points.

He nods casually. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you." She smiled, flattered by his compliment and he could see the way her cheeks turned a deep red as she turned to hide her blushing mess of a self. "You look really good. Haven't seen you dressed up in a while."

He shrugged. "Nice color." He answered. "Little snug, but hey, shows off my muscles." He told her, trying to show himself off.

From what Rafe knew, Lou and JJ were dating and it boiled his blood. Not because he liked Lou, but because he knew she could do better with someone who wasn't a Pogue, but who was also a lot better for her in general. The fact that JJ was a wreck and guy who constantly fucked up and got himself into trouble, making over people miserable and lose shit, didn't settle with Rafe. He looked out for his friends even if he never did it the right way or showed it, and he was definitely going to protect Lou from JJ because he wasn't someone she should be with.