Chapter 7

"Mrs. Diaz, you're gonna have a baby." Everyone's eyes widen. "W-What..." Lexi whispered. She started to cry. "I'll give you guys some space." The nurse said, walking past Carmen and Rosa.

"Oh my god..." Miguel whispered. He pulled his crying wife into a hug. Rosa and Carmen slowly walked in. Miguel placed his hand on Lexi's cheek. "Are you...not happy?" He asked. "I am. I've always wanted to be a mom and we've talked about it already...but I'm already fighting for my life and now...I'm in charge of another life?" She said.

"You can do it, Lexi." Rosa said. Lexi smiled. Carmen nodded and walked over to Lexi. She gave Lexi a big hug. "This might not be the best timing, but you're going to be parents and that's a blessing." She kissed Lexi's head.

"Thank you." Lexi said. "We'll give you two some space." Carmen said. Her and her mother walked out. Miguel pulled his wife into a hug. "I'm so happy." He whispered into her ear. She smiled and kissed his cheek.

"We're gonna have a baby." She said. "We're gonna have a baby." He repeated, putting his hand gently on her stomach.

-Later-

Hawk and Tory walked into the room. "Hey, guys." Hawk said giving Lexi a hug. Tory then hugged her. "We have something we want to tell you." Miguel said, smiling.

Hawk and Tory sat down on the couch. "Is everything okay?" Tory asked worriedly, moving up to the edge of her seat. "Everything is the same. Nothing bad." Lexi said, placing her hands on her stomach. "I'm gonna have a baby." She said, a few happy tears falling down her face. "Oh my gosh!" Tory got up and ran to her best friend. She engulfed her into a big huge, being careful not to hurt her stomach.

Hawk got up and hugged Miguel. "Congratulations, guys." He said, then hugging Lexi. "Are you excited?" Tory asked. Miguel nodded happily. "And nervous. Very nervous." Lexi added. Tory sat down on the edge of the bed and made eye contact with her best friend.

"Look at me." Lexi looked at her. "You guys can do this. You can do this. I know it seems scary, and it is, but just think, at the end of this there will be a tiny little baby in your arms." Tory said. Lexi started to cry. "Thank you, Tor." She pulled Lexi into a hug.

"Have you told your family yet?" Hawk asked. "My mom and Yaya know, but no one else." Miguel said. "I'm sure they'll be very happy." Tory said. Lexi smiled and her then her phone started to ring. "It's my grandma." She said, reading the caller ID.

"We have to go anyways. Congratulations." Hawk said, taking Tory's hand in his. They walked out. Lexi answered the facetime.

"Hey, grandma!" Lexi said, giving the phone to Miguel so he could hold it. He had longer arms then him, plus she wanted to drink her coke. "Hello, Lexi! Hello, Miguel! I just wanted to let you guys know that we won't be able to come out today." Lucille said. Lexi frowned.

"What? Why?" He asked. "There's a big storm coming. But, is there something you wanted to tell us? You seem anxious, sweetheart." (Also idk California weather so yeah-)

"Actually, we do. Can you get Mom and Dad?" Lexi asked. Lucille nodded. Lexi looked up at Miguel and he kissed her head and smiled.

A few moments later, Amanda and Daniel popped up on the screen. "Mom, Dad...you're gonna be grandparents!" All of three sets of eyes widened. "Oh my gosh! OH MY GOSH!" Amanda says, hugging her husband. "That's amazing, you guys! Congratulations!" Daniel says with a lot of air, his wife is still hugging him tightly.

"Thank you guys!" All of a sudden, the screen started to get pixelated. The audio started to cut out until the phone call ended. Lexi turned off her phone and set it on the table next to her.

"Goodnight, my love." Miguel says, pecking his wife's lips. "Goodnight, Miggy." She smiled.