Chapter Three

-The Next Day-

"Miggy! We're gonna be late!" Lexi called out. They were having a huge family dinner. Robby was coming....but if Sam was...that was yet to be determined.

Lexi patted down her blue jumper that had pant legs that were wide. The top was tighter and sleeveless. Her hair was curled and sat on her shoulder. Miguel rushed down the stairs wearing a black dress shirt and black dress pants.

"Ready?" She asked. "Yep. Bye, Buzz." Miguel said, bending down to pet the puppy. Lexi unlocked the door, Miguel followed. They walked out and Miguel locked the door.

They got into their car and drove.

-Later-

They pulled in front of the fancy restaurant. "Remind me again why your grandmother decided now was the best time to get together?" Miguel asked. "She thinks it time we all come together again." Lexi said, as they got out of the car.

"I just hope Sam's not here." Miguel said. "So do I, believe me." Lexi told his hand in her's. They walked through the doors and up to the desk. "LaRusso." Lexi said. "Alright, follow me."

The woman guided them to a large table. There sat Daniel, Amanda, Lucille, Louie, Johnny, Carmen....and Robby and Sam. Lexi's smile melted away, everyone felt bad. None of them wanted Sam there, but Lucille insisted it was time for the girls to be friends again.

"Hi, sweetheart!" Lucille said. She got up and gave Lexi and Miguel big hugs. Miguel then pulled out Lexi's chair and she sat down. Miguel sat next to her.

"Sorry we're late, I had to stay later at work." Lexi said, looking at the menu with her husband. "That's fine, Lex. No rush." Johnny said. The waitor walked up to them to get the couple's drink orders.

"Why can I get you, Miss?" He asked. "I'd like a tall, lime margarita, please." Lexi said, she knew dealing with Sam would be a pain. "Of course. And for you, sir?" He asked Miguel.

"A diet coke, please." He said. The waitor nodded and walked off to get the drinks. "So, how's the Dojo?" Daniel asked. He passed it down to Miguel and now he and Johnny run it. Daniel spends all his time at the dealership once more.

"It's doing good. Lots of students." Miguel said. "What about you, Lex? How's the designing and managing going?" Louie asked. "Great actually. I get a lot more money now that I'm the manager and I'm actually designing a dress for the First Lady."

Everyone smiled, well except for Sam and Robby. "That's amazing." Carmen said. "Now, how is your work going, Sammy?" Lucille asked. "Good. I'm designing a hotel actually." Sam said. "That's great! And what about the dealership?" Lucille asked again.

"It's going good. The most successful one in Colorado." He said. "That's amazing. And are you two staying for Thanksgiving?"

"I don't know. Are we?" Sam asked, looking directly into Lexi's eyes. "It doesn't matter to me." Lexi said, taking a sip of her drink that just got places in front of her. "Then yes, we'll be staying." Robby said.

"I guess we could get a hotel." Sam said. "But, what if you stayed with Le-" Lucille was interupted by her granddaughter's husband. "We know the best hotel!" He said. His wife sighed in relief. Luckily, the waitor came up to them and took their orders.

-Later-

"I'll handle this." Daniel said, handing the waitor his card. "Are you sure, dad?" Lexi asked, pulling out her wallet. "Of course- the perfect daughter volunteers to pay." Sam says, rolling her eyes. "Do you have a problem with me offering to pay?" Lexi asked, getting angry. Sam scoffed and rolled her eyes, looking away.

Lexi snarled. "Lexi, it's fine. I got it." Daniel said. She put away her wallet. Lexi and Sam glared at each other from across the table, if looks could kill, Sam would be long gone.

Miguel placed his hand on her lower thigh and drew imaginary shapes with his finger to calm her down. The waitor walked away with the card. It was dead silent. Carmen decided to break the silence before anything bad could happen.

"So, how's Anthony doing in college?" She asked. "He's doing great. We didn't think college would be his path, but he's doing great!" Amanda said. The waitor came back and handed Daniel his card. "You all have a nice day." The waitor said, walking away.

They all stood up. Lexi and Miguel were the first ones out, she squeezed his hand tightly. They stepped outside and Lexi let out a breath. "I'm gonna pull the car around." Miguel said, kissing her cheek and going off to the get the car.

Lexi walked over to the side, trying to keep a safe distance away from Sam, but it was no use. Sam sashayed over to Lexi. "It's good to know our fued still stands, Lex. Just know, it's no where near over. Just watch your back, perfect daughter." Sam smirked, walking away.

Lexi scoffed and she spotted Miguel pull up. He had a worried look on his face as he watched Sam walk away. Lexi quickly walked over to the car. She said nothing until they pulled out. She broke down in tears.

"Why did she have to come?" She cried. Miguel placed his right hand on her's. "Things were great! I hate her so much!"

"So do I, Lex. So do I. But, don't let her get to you. Plus, you have me to protect you." He said. "Yes. Yes I do." She smiled. She kissed his cheek and they drove home.