f i v e

𝓈𝑜𝓃𝑔: 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝒹𝒶𝓉𝑒

Last time on Dream Reality [Gone Wrong]

Rolling my eyes at my thoughts I speak up, "Since I didn't get to properly introduce myself to you, my name is (Y/N) (L/N), and I'm glad I can talk to someone without filtering who I am." The blonde squints his eyes at me, stops walking, and holds his hand out.

"Nice to meet you (L/N). I'm Mizuno Aoki, I'm 17, and I never fucking learned how to read." I burst out laughing and shake his hand too. Holding my stomach from laughter I can't help but feel a little more comfortable in this world.

They had vines, and this guy just so happened to have humor.

...........................

A whole week went by without seeing any of the main characters. Well...minus Mr. Aizawa. I wish I hadn't seen him because he made me work out every day. One day it would be running, the next it would rock climbing, or maybe swimming. There was no telling what the day would bring, but I had to be prepared for whatever torture was headed my way. By the end of the week, I was the sorest and most tired I've ever been. Seeing how tired I was, he told me to rest up since I would be trying to work with my quirk next week.

During the week, I was instructed to go get blood tested to evaluate if I even have a quirk. Lo and behold, it appears that I do. It wasn't a surprise, considering witness accounts claimed I was using my quirk. However, two weeks have passed, and nothing presented itself to me. I can't make things float. I can't water bend like Katara in the Last Airbender. I can't do anything to save myself. There could be another attack from the League of Villains, and I'm just as good as a bystander or victim.

Putting my phone in my bag, I grab the folder with the contracts. Mizuno planned to meet me at a cute dessert restaurant in the city so I could turn in the papers, and talk a bit about my dilemma. He showed interest in my case. Texting me when he could, he would talk about what he would do at work. Other times he would talk about his boyfriend and cat at home. (That cat was his everything, and he probably loves it more than he loves his boyfriend.)

The more I learn about him, the more I start wishing I could be back home. His resemblance to one of my friends was almost indifferent to her. I don't like him solely because he reminds me of her. He just reminds me of how my life used to be. Mizuno doesn't have a quirk, so whenever I'm with him it feels like I'm back there, and nothing ever happened.

Walking to the cafe was a fairly easy trip. A thirty-minute walk from my apartment, with few turns, I eventually made it without struggle. There was however a bank robbery on my route, but it was stopped by a hero with red wings. Funny...he kinda looked like that one bird hero.

"(M/N)! Over here," I look around and see Mizuno waving me over to a table in the patio section. Excusing myself with the waiters in the way, I reach the table to sit down across from him.

"It's great to see you," I greet him while placing my bag on the frame of the chair. The cafe itself had a vintage aesthetic. Coffee Grinders decorated a booth inside the cafe; so did the tea makers which allowed for fresh tea to be made from herbs in leaves. The entire shop is something I've never seen before. It was almost magical in my eyes to see such a warm atmosphere.

Looking down at the table, I see a brown folder sitting next to his drink. Mizuno takes notice of my stare and pushes it in front of me. I wonder if I should open it, but he gives me a nod to open the folder. Inside are sheets of paper with photos of people I've never seen in the anime. Raising an eyebrow, I look back at him placing the open folder down in front of me.