Chapter 1: Every day

(Content warnings: None :) )

My life was completely and utterly average in every possible way. I sat up in my bed and immediately laid back down. I got up, finally, and put on one of my skirts I made a while ago, probably two or three months ago, and a black long sleeved shirt. 

I like sewing. I think that it is fun and I like making stuff. I pet my cat, Luna, as she circled my ankles. Mercury, my dog, pulled his food bowl over to my foot.

I filled up their bowls and left to go to work. The library had a lot fewer people than normal. I work at the service desks so I can read for most of the time that I am there.

I took a book off of a shelf. It was an atlas of Saturn and its moons. Space intrigued me. It is so vast and empty. Work was slow. I read most of the time.

I went home. I sewed for a few hours. I was working on coats for my pets as it was almost winter and they liked going outside.

I didn't have many friends and still don't, so most of my days were spent learning, working, reading, and sewing. I take that back, I didn't have any friends besides my dog and cat. Then again it was in my warm, sort of cramped, apartment, or the streets.

At around 3:00 a.m. every night, we go to bed. Mercury takes up most of my bed. Then I wake up again.

That's what I do. That's my routine, for all three hundred sixty-five or sixty-six days of the year. I just hope for adventure sometimes. Something different might be exciting. 

(270 words)

(1299 characters) 

[A/N: Thank you for reading! I hope your day is going well, and if it isn't, I hope it gets better. I hope you enjoy this story. I've been writing since November 2020 and have about 18 chapters done right now. I deeply enjoy this story and I hope you do as well. This was a prologue type chapter, so king of boring. This chapter is the shortest that I've written so far, but the others aren't extremely long either. It gets better I promise. New chapters will be posted every other day. Have a good day everyone :) ]