Chapter 3: Clearing

(Content warnings: None :) )

 Luna stopped in a clearing. It was a small area where no trees or bushes grew. It was a grassy patch in a thick forest. No trees were covering up the stars over the clearing. The only thing growing in the patch was a lavender-colored rose

Luna was wandering around as if she was looking for something. I decided to look at the flower since Luna was planning on staying for a while. Any shade of purple was uncommon for a rose, but lavender was unheard of in the natural world. The purple petals had small white dots in the shape of a few constellations.

Right in the middle of the gap in the treetops, was Lupus. He hadn't moved at all since 5 days ago. The movement of the stars is so slow that we can't see it. But it would have moved even a little bit.

I followed Luna as she sniffed around in the tall grass. 'This is strange,' I thought as I anxiously followed her around. It was late then, almost 10 P.M. I wanted to get home. I wanted to go back to the warmth and coziness of my bed and tiny library.

✩✩✩✩✩✩

Luna was not planning on leaving. Ever. She sprawled out in the tall grass. I took a chance and picked her up, to her dismay. She didn't fight back much though. Only meowed and squirmed in my arms.

I walked home, still carrying little Luna in my arms. She is a dark grey cat with light grey spots covering her back, face, sides, legs, paws, and tail. She has the bluest blue eyes that I have ever seen. They aren't even sky blue or grey-ish blue. They are cobalt blue. That's why I named her Luna. She looks like the moon.

We got home and Luna went to her cubby under the sink. She had a fuzzy blanket and some old toys in there. If I ever couldn't find Luna, that was the first place I looked. Mercury walked to my side and sat next to me. I went to my library to sew.

I was running out of navy blue thread. I stopped working on the petticoat. I instead grabbed my box of embroidery thread and needles. I then sketched out constellations in the front of the over-skirt. I unraveled a bundle of lavender thread then started sewing in the stars and constellations into the skirt.

Luna joined me about thirty minutes later. She jumped up onto my shoulder and meowed to something behind me. Then I heard a bark. No one that lived anywhere near me had a dog. And like Luna, Mercury never barked. I looked at Mercury who was peacefully sleeping under my bed.

I eyed my sword that was sitting in the corner. It was plastic so I couldn't hurt anything bigger than a fly. I was planning on painting it one time. But, Luna and Mercury stepped in the paint and walked across the handle and blade. I like it better like that.

So now it has Luna's paw prints in pastel blue and Mercury's in dark grey all over it. I painted some grey splotches on parts of the paw prints. So now it has Luna's moony paw prints and Mercury's splotched prints covering it. I like that old, beat-up, plastic sword.

I don't know why I thought it would do anything. It was plastic. And, that was a loud bark. It had to have been from a big dog.

So there I was. Scared half to death and staring at a sword. I don't know what I was thinking but if I got up and grabbed the sword I could look threatening. And that is what I did. I jumped up and grabbed my sword from the corner.

I looked behind me and saw nothing. Nothing. Not even Luna. Luna. I looked all over for her. Her cubby, her bed in the library, my bedroom. She wasn't anywhere to be seen.

Mercury darted to my side as I searched all of my house. 'She had to be in here,' I thought. She had to. But she wasn't. I went outside and looked around. 'Maybe the wind blew the door open,' I rationed as I looked outside. I heard her meowing from the woods.

"Oh great," I muttered under my breath. Not to sound like a scaredy cat or anything, but those woods freaked me out. It was dark and spooky, and I always felt like something was watching me in there. But, I wanted to find Luna.

I grabbed a flashlight and started walking into the woods. I saw Luna's grey spots running around up ahead. Then I recognized where she was running around. 'Why do you like this little clearing so much?' I wondered.

'Oh no,' I screamed in my head. A wolf was laying on the ground watching Luna run around. 'That sword would have been helpful right about now,' I joked to myself. And then the huge, blue-ish grey wolf laughed. 'I need to get more sleep,' I thought. Then I heard him talk to Luna.

(857 words)

(4428 characters)

[A/N: Thank you for reading! I hope your day is going well, and if it isn't, I hope it gets better. I hope you enjoy this story. Sorry I didn't post any chapters this past weekend. I was on holiday out of town and didn't have access to my laptop to publish anything. New chapters will be posted every other day. Have a good day everyone :) ]