Chapter 13: Nightmare

Chapter 13

Nightmare

I sat up. The air was cold and black. I couldn't see anything. I looked into the darkness. Soon, the black cleared and I realized that I was standing at the top of the mountain.

I saw Virgo, Jupiter, and Celeste's gems next to me. No note. No one to be seen. I picked up the gems. Everything went black. I couldn't see anything, again.

Lupus appeared in the dark. His stary coat was the only thing I could see.

"Is it over?"

"..."

"Where did the others go?"

He turned to look at me. His muzzle was covered in blood. His eyes were turning red and meaner every second I looked at him. That wasn't Lupus. I finally realized where the others went.

I tried to run but I seemed to stay in the same spot. He moved though. Slowly walking towards me. I stopped running. It was useless. And just as he opened his red mouth, he laughed.

The blood disappeared. His eyes turned back to their blueish purple. I was still scared. He was trying to talk to me. I was too scared to listen or talk back to him. I was cold.

The darkness consumed me and I sat up in my tent.

'This isn't real, This isn't real, This isn't real, This isn't real, This isn't real!' I thought. 'This cant be real, I'm going to wake up back in my warm bed and this will all have been a bad dream, I will have never left home, What was I thinking walking into this stupid adventure and stupid cold and stupid wind and stupid snow and stupid everything, Why did I leave home? It was warm and cozy and had everything I needed. It was small and cramped but it was cozy and it was home. Now I'm in the cold wilderness laying on the forest floor in the snow, But I did leave. And I'll be home as soon as this is over,' I continued.

Luna was sitting on my chest, Mercury was laying next to me, and Virgo was lying asleep next to me. I was sweaty and hot despite how cold the air was. I could see my breath in the air but I felt like I was in the hottest desert in the world.

I got up and went outside. I sat next to the burned wood that used to be our warm fire. I got up and walked around. I still felt like I was scorching. I decided that trying to cool down was a lost cause and I went back into the tent.

I think I slept okay after that. I don't remember much after going back into the tent.