Chapter 19: Taller

Chapter 19

Taller

<<<

>>>

'Okay, why is Virgo hugging me. Is hugging the right word? What is she thinking. I don't want her to stop though. This feels nice. Wait why did I think that. I guess it's true though. I don't mind this,' I thought.

So there we stood, staring down at Jupiter. He grinned up at us. Sirius was sitting on the ground behind him.

"Get up," I said. He listened and stared at me. I just realised that he was shorter than me, not by much, but he definitely was. He was only about two inches shorter than me. I guess he realised the same thing.

"No way you're taller than me."

"Really? Well, it appears I am, in fact, taller than you."

"Take off those ridiculous boots and let's see."

"They are not ridiculous," I murmured as I layed out my sleeping bag so I wasn't standing on the forest floor and pulled off my boots. Virgo backed off and leaned on a tree. She stood and chuckled as Jupiter stood on his toes to be taller than me.

"I took my shoes off. Take yours off."

"Fine. I will." Jupiter took his shoes off.

"See? I am taller than you. Fine?"

"No, not fine. You can't be taller than me."

"Oh yeah? Why?"

"Because girls can't be taller than guys."

"Yeah, no. Keep being mad. It's funny. Virgo, who is taller?"

"You," Virgo chuckled out. She stared at me and smiled. "Jupiter, you are about three inches shorter than Andy."

"Andromeda is not taller than me!"

"Don't call me Andromeda."

"Why not? Andromeda, Andromeda, Andromeda, Andromeda, Andromeda, Andromeda!"

"Quit it!" I yelled. "Stop." They both stood staring at me. It felt as if the whole world went quiet, silent. Virgo's walkie-talkie beeped.

"Are you guys okay?"

Virgo pulled her radio out of a pocket in her coat. She held it out and I took it from her hands.

"Yeah. We are fine. Where are you? Your voice is a lot clearer than the last time we used these."

"Uh yeah. I think I'm about a thousand feet from you. Just stand where you are right now, I'll find you."

"Okay. See you in a bit then."

The radio beeped again as it turned off. I put my boots on and watched as Jupiter put his stupid tennis shoes on. I gave the radio back to Virgo. She tucked it back in her pocket. Virgo sat down on a rock with me. Jupiter leaned on a tree on the opposite side of the small clearing we were in.

"Why don't you like it when people call you by your full name?"

"The girl called me by my full name. She was the only person that called me that. Even my parents called me Andy. I let her. And when stupid Jupiter calls me that it reminds me of her."

"Oh. That makes sense. Do you want a fuzzy kitten?" She pointed to Bean whose head was peeking out from her backpack.

"Sure." I took him from the bag and put him in my pocket with Luna

"So I take it you made that coat too?"

"Mhm."

"Can you make me one too?"

I smiled.

"Sure."

"Well until then, can you hold Bean in your coat?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks."

(A/N: there is no a/n)