Chapter 9: Beginning

Chapter 9

Beginning

Everyone was there, even Jupiter's dog who was almost as giant as Mercury, and Virgo's black and white cat. Jupiter brought 3 tents. I would get my own, so would Jupiter, and Virgo and Celeste would have to share. We decided on a tic-tac-toe tournament.

We started walking. I was wearing a black long sleeve shirt and a sweater that had huge pockets. It was getting cold, and my biggest fear was that the rain I needed would be snow. I was wearing grey sweatpants and black boots that were made for walking in the snow, rain, mud, and ice. I was the most prepared.

Jupiter was the first to complain that he was cold. He was wearing black sweatpants and a white short sleeved shirt. And white tennis shoes. Not boots, or even running shoes. These had zero traction and he had almost fallen six times before we got to the base of the mountain.

Virgo wore black cargo pants where her cat, Bean, remained. She wore a thick sweater and a hoodie over it. She was second most prepared in the shoe department. She wore her black knee-high boots again. Celeste wore a black shirt and a dark purple cardigan over it. They wore black sweatpants and violet running shoes.

Sirius, Jupiter's pitch-black dog, was getting along well with Mercury. Luna did not like all of the jumping and running Mercury was doing. Bean stared at Luna curiously. He curled up in Virgo's pocket when it started snowing.

We had made it onto the first major incline on the mountain and found a flat spot. It was getting cold and dark. We decided to put up our tents and sleep. Jupiter helped us set up our tents. 

(A/N: fire, felonies, and friends the three f's of life. I hope u enjoyed)