Chapter 16: Knight Vs. Kingpin

I arrived at a single wooden door.

On the door, there was a golden plaque:

Dr. Alex Smith, PhD

CEO Of Legion Industries

I wanted to simply kick the door open. But I decided to be polite. I gave the door two knocks, and I deactivated my armor.

Iheard footsteps from behind the door.

Alex opened the door.

He stared down at me, with a mix of surprise and disgust on his face.

"Who are you and why are you here?"

I activated the armor, and a flash of recognition flashed across his face. "Ring a bell?" I asked, backing a few steps away.

A smile spread across his face.

"Your mother had very large plans. But they had flaws. I had rectified those flaws."

Without warning, a bodysuit seemed to spread around his body, and the suit seemed to solidify into armor.

"This was the future. Now I control it."

I stared him down, pulling out my Desert Eagles, and threw them off to the side.

"Even gods can fall."

.......

I leaped toward him, aiming for the jaw.

Before I reached him, he dived to the side, and I flew into his desk, nearly obliterating it. I got back up, and Alex rammed into me with his shoulder.

I was pushed backwards and pinned to the wall, where Alex went for a haymaker. Calling upon my past experience, I leaned to the side, dodging the punch, which pummeled a hole into the wall.

I punted him backwards, and managed to dodge to the side as he retaliated. Alright. We can do this. Just need to land a few good punches, soften him up, and go for the TKO.

I backed up, holding my fists up in the classic boxers stance, watching Alex. He did the same, and we paced around the room.

He made the first move, jumping up and attempting to slam his elbow into my face. In a complete panic, I dropped into a slide, right into the hallway, where my Dealges were waiting.

I didn't want to resort to them yet, so I waited for him to come into the hallway.

He charged into the hallway, charging straight at me.

Another panic move, I leaped upwards, using the two walls of the hallway to perform a split jump, and Alex charged past right below.

I jumped down, managing to land behind Alex. I leaped forward, ready to pummel his back.

Instead, he recovered way too quickly, and when I let my fist fly, he grabbed it. Forcing me backwards, he started to slowly, agonizingly, twist my hand around.

With his free hand, he grabbed my helmet. "Your mother...was...regrettably, not very open to the idea of mass producing these suits. She may have been the smartest woman. But it was only book smarts." I felt his hand slowly start to tighten around the helmet. "Any man worth his money would have done exactly that. That would be when the big bucks start rolling in."

I heard an uncomfortable krak, and a crack bursted across my visor.

"You killed her." I managed to croak. He shrugged.

"It was a matter of business. Not personal matters."

I let out a growl. "You were the weaker one. You-" Another crack. "You used your partnership to cover up your-" Krak "INCOMPETENCE!" I half-yelled, half-screamed as my hand was twisted beyond its limit.

"Shut your mouth!"

I pulled away, wincing from the pain.

Alex stood a few feet away, watching me, and knowing that I was out of tricks.

Or was I?

I felt it make contact with my heel, and flipped backwards, grabbing my Deagle.

I held it unsteadily, aiming down the sights straight at Alex.

He simply stood there, waiting for me to shoot. And I knew it wouldn't be enough.

I pulled the trigger twice.

They pinged off the armor, and Alex laughed.

Just as I had planned.

Dropping the Deagle once more, I leaped toward him, and I knew that this was my last chance.

My last chance to avenge them. Both of them.

.......

For a brief moment, I saw my life flash before my eyes.

I could feel the energy everywhere. I didn't know how, but I felt a flaming suit of armor encasing me...protecting me.

I felt everything. I knew everything.

And I knew that this punch would end this fight.

.......

I snapped back into reality, my punch emitting a giant shockwave.

Alex's armor nearly crumbled, and he flew further down the hall.

I collapsed onto my knee, gathering my breath.

Picking up the Deagle, I walked over to Alex. He stared at me, his visor nearly destroyed, and those eyes were filled with fear. Very real fear.

I aimed the gun.

"P-please..." Alex let out, as I cocked the hammer back.

"I have...a daughter. They...they want the company. They won't let anything get in the way of that."

"Who's they?" I grumbled.

"Worse people. I associated...with many. They'll kill her. Or worse. She's...so young. Please. Please. If you kill me, at least kill them." My finger never moved. The trigger didn't either.

"Please. I'm begging you."

There was only one choice now.

"Let's make a deal, shall we?"