9

"Ellie?" I called as we reached the base of the staircase.

No response.

"Ellie?" I called louder, looking around the deserted living room.

Once again, panic settled in.

"Look," Stacy nodded at the front door which was left ajar.

The five of us stepped out of the house.

I heard a scream. The source was the field behind the house.

Ellie.

Without a second thought, I took off running.

"Cher!" Dallas yelled after me.

"Ellie?" I screamed, not stopping my haste, "Ellie where are you?" It was hard running in the heels I had on, damn you Ashley, so I kicked them off and continues on my way.

"CHER!" Ellie shrieked.

I ran to where I thought I heard her, but all I could see was the plain field. But then I noticed a dark structure. Stables. Whoever it was must've taken Ellie to the stables in hopes of grabbing a horse and fleeing.

Not on my watch.

"Cher, wait," Dallas warned as he caught up to me, he grabbed my arm gently but firm enough to stop me from running. I frowned when I noticed that Caleb, Stacy, and Blake weren't behind us.

"Where did the others go?" I asked as I tried to catch my breath.

Dallas shrugged, "I have no idea, and I don't like it. We need to leave, this seems like some sort of set-up."

I nodded, I trusted Stacy, Blake, and Caleb, but perhaps they'd been pulled into something without being aware of it. We weren't safe here. "Let's just find Ellie and go."

Dallas took my hand in his and the two of us crept toward the stables.

"I'll go in from the other way, so that we have whoever it is cornered," Dallas suggested.

I chewed on my lip, "Dallas, we aren't armed, what if they are?"

He shook his head, pulling me in for a hug. I felt his hand wander to my waist.

"What are you--"

--The cool of metal pressed against my back, "Now you're armed," Dallas grinned.

"Where did you get it?" I hissed in surprise.

"One of the rooms in the basement," He shrugged.

"Don't point that thing at me ever again." I shoved him as I took hold of the weapon, "Could've just handed it to me like a normal person."

"I didn't point it at you, I never woul—"

"Actually you have pointed a gun—"

He hushed me, "We don't talk about the past,"

"What, you don't wanna talk about that kiss we shared on the boat," I teased.

"I-Uh..." He swallowed nervously. When he took in the so-called wedding dress I was still wearing he seemed to grow further nervous.

"Anyway, we're wasting time. We need to get Ellie," I stated.

Dallas nodded and took off for the other side of the stables.