30

I gasped for air as I came to.

But wait. Am I conscious?

I shifted my head trying to see where I was. Trying to see anything.

Why is it so dark?

Closing my eyes and slowly opening them again, it was just as dark.

Perhaps I need to allow my eyes to adapt to the poor lighting.

I blinked my eyes furiously, counting seconds, but nothing happened. There was no light to adjust to.

It was pitch black.

Where am I? Where is Ellie? Dallas? Ace?

That was when I noticed the soft hum, almost vibration, at my feet. Was it there before? My feet I realized, as I moved them across the ground, were still bare from the washroom.

The closer I listened to the noise, the more it began to sound like music. Which could only mean I was still in the club. On one of the upper floors.

A good sign, right?

I couldn't comprehend what I was supposed to do.

Call for help?

But what if my attacker's in the room?

I tried to move from my seat. Surprisingly, I wasn't bound to the chair I was sat on. Without thinking twice, I rose to my feet. But because I couldn't see anything, I didn't move an inch in any direction. I feared that if I did, I'd walk face-first into someone. 

Considering the fact that no one had jumped out on me yet, I decided risking calling for my friends wasn't the worst idea.

"Ellie?" I whispered.

No response.

"Is anyone here?" I called a little louder, my voice coming out croaky. I wondered how long I'd been knocked out.

"Ah, finally you're awake," A voice I didn't recognize exclaimed, making me yelp in surprise.

Before I could turn to the source, or try running away, I heard two loud claps echo in the dark room, jolting my heart into panic mode. My hands turned  clammy and my breath hitched.

Right as I was about to scream, the room was illuminated in blindingly bright white lights.

Once I stopped squinting, adjusting to the glare, I looked around to find my friends all sat on chairs on either side of me.

Ellie, the only one to my left, stirred and then gasped suddenly as she came to.

"What--" She began, looking around, her voice catching in her throat.

Ace and Dallas mimicked her actions just moments following.

My eyes flitted back and forth over them, assessing for any injuries. It seemed like we were all okay, none of us harmed nor bound.

"You guys alright?" I muttered.

But they didn't reply, they were busy looking ahead. Something I probably should've done the moment the room was illuminated.

"Hello there," Someone purred.

I turned away from my friends to find a man sat on a chair across from us. He wore a mask, neon orange with fiery details, similar to the kinds we'd seen on the dance floor. Behind him stood three other men, dressed head-to-toe in black, including black masks identically designed to the man who'd spoken.