19

"Try to focus on the task at hand, and less on each other," Ellie teased as she pulled me in for a hug.

I shoved her playfully, "Relax, I'm more worried about you and Shark boy over there. After all, you guys labelled yourselves," I spared a look at Ace who seemed to be in the midst of a heated discussion with Dallas.

It was the next morning and Dallas and I were waiting for Ashley and Sebastian to threaten us goodbye.

The night before, we'd all been offered separate rooms to sleep in, a refreshing change from the horrible room with my dead family in it. But instead of sleeping in separate rooms, the four of us bunked in Ace's. Security in numbers.

I asked Ashley for a proper funeral for Hayley, but as expected she denied the request. They'd already buried her before we were done with dinner. I didn't even get to say goodbye.

The night consisted of me tossing and turning in the bed next to Ellie. I woke up multiple times, crying. I couldn't stop thinking about Hayley. The event also triggered flashbacks to my parents' and brothers' deaths. I apologized to the three of them multiple times. It wasn't fair that their sleep was ruined because of me.

It wasn't until Dallas hopped onto the bed and pulled me against his chest, that I'd finally dozed off. But we were all awoken to Ashley's yelling right as I deepened my slumber.

Needless to say, we were all exhausted

"What's wrong?" I asked, looping my arm through Dallas's as Ellie looped her's through Ace's.

"We're just not sure what's going to happen next. When Ashley gets the jewels, do you really think she'll just let us go?" Ace muttered.

I shook my head. "She won't. And if she does, sitting back and letting her plan happen won't make us feel like good humans, will it?"

"Then what are we going to do?" Ace thought aloud.

"Dallas and I will get the jewels. In the meanwhile, you need to find your father and sister."

"Then what?" Ellie prompted.

"Well, we'll continue with our initial plan. We'll go to the Vice President and get him to help us."

Before anyone could object, we heard footsteps approaching causing us to go silent.

"What are you four musketeers plotting now?" Sebastian called as he and Ashley walked hand-in-hand towards us.

"How we're going to murder you," Ellie chirped, grinning sarcastically.

"Good luck with that," Ashley scoffed. "Anyway. Charlotte and Dallas, Antonio will be flying you to the island. There you will have to follow a path to the top of an inactive volcano, and from there, you'll negotiate with the guards and then you will go back to the plane and bring me the heirlooms."

Volcano? What the hell were my parents thinking?

"Any questions?" Sebastian questioned.

I turned to Dallas who shook his head.

"Very well, follow me," Sebastian nodded.

I gave Ellie and Ace both brief hugs, promising them everything would work out.

Dallas wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we followed Sebastian around the manor to the opposite side.

We continued walking down the large mass of land until reaching the very end of the field. There a mini plane, similar to that of Sky's, waited for us. As we neared I realized it was Sky's plane.