2. Dramatic Backstory

I was a street away, I hope they haven't been there long. The vans were both parked in the driveway, but I couldn't see anyone. I parked my car in front of the house and got out. Looking up I couldn't see the boys, but there was 2 others there. A girl and a boy.

They both looked no older than 17, the boy was at least 6.2", his hair was spiked and had on dark blue denim jeans and no shirt. He looked averagely built and his biceps looked exceptionally strong, like he was very athletic. His hair was dark and he looked pretty generic, he would definitly blend into a crowd, the one thing that stood out was his piercing brown eyes.

The girl on the other hand looked completely different, they couldn't possibly be related, I doubt they were even cousins. She couldn'tve been taller than 5.5" her hair was bleach blonde, it must be dyed. Her nails were black and her hands small compared to the boys but her fingers were long and wore 2 rings, one around the first finger in her left hand and the other a silver ring with a black diamond on the middle finger of her right hand. She wore a long grey T-shirt with the sleeves rolled up a few times, that went down to her thighs. She must've been in her underwear or really short shorts because I couldn't see anything under the t-shirt. She was thin but still had curves, just my type. Her face wore a polite expression, but her features were dark. She looked friendly but she still stood out, she looked almost like an illusion. Like someone from one of those vampire movies, like she was stone. Her nose was small, with nice cheekbones and a long jawline, Her lips were thick and dark but they didn't look glossed or anything. Could lips actually be naturally that dark? She must wear a lot of chapstick to keep them healthy. One of her ears was poking out from her hair, it was small with a black diamond stud in the lobe and 4 silver rings up the side. She didn't have anything else pierced, or at least nothing else I could see. Of everything about her the thing that stood out the most was her eyes. They looked sad and disappointed, like she didn't have anyone to fall to, like she had lost something. I doubt anyone else could tell. Most people can't, I can read eyes, tell if you're happy or sad. She thought she was happy, that was clear. She had been acting like she was fine for so long that she even believed it herself. It's amazing what you can tell about someone by their appearance when you grow up in a broken home. They were grey, her eyes I mean. So dark they almost looked black. Her eyelashes long and her hair must be naturally dark brown as that's the colour of her eyebrows. She was smiling and talking I guess I found the boys.

I grew up with my mum and dad and older sister, she moved out when she was 16, 4 years ago, I was 12 at the time. and I completely understand why. All my parents did was fight, and I wish I meant arguing but I really don't. We fell asleep every night in tears, my sister and I. I slept in her room every night. We didn't dare sleep alone with them lose in the house. They used to go out to bars all night and come back completely drunk. They never touched us, not once. They only ever hit each other.

Things got better when dad left. Mum went out less and got some girl friends who kept her under control. The three of us got closer, my sister and I were always close growing up in a home like that. When she left I changed. I didn't know what to do with the time I usually spent with her. I started making friends at school who weren't the best and made a lot of bad decisions that led me to who I am. Mum and I started fighting and this time I do mean arguing, I would never lay a finger on her no matter how drunk or high I was. But most of the time I was at least one.

She only had herself to blame. I grew up thinking that would solve all your problems because that was how it worked in my family. Got a problem? get drunk, smoke a bit, it'll all go away. And it did but it just created more problems, but I was barely ever clean long enough to care. My mum gave up trying to help me, I was a lost cause to her, I haven't talked to my sister in years, all anyone talked to me about was getting me clean, which was the last thing I wanted so I just stopped talking to the people I could avoid and tried my best to avoid the ones I couldn't. My mum kicked me out last month and I've been staying with my friend Laken.

I have 3 best friends, Laken, Dylan and Carlos, we hang out all the time, and I'll admit that we got into loads of trouble. We didn't make the best decisions, actually we made complete crap decisions. Laken's been helping me look for a house and I finally did and I'm moving in today, and it looks like I might even meet some new people. I hope they go to my new school, I'd like to know someone even if we aren't best friends anything is better than having to walk up to a complete stranger on you first day and ask them where your classroom is.