Chapter 5 : Training

Levi's POV

Going home was fucking difficult.

I work at the bar, serving people's drinks. My workplace is nothing compared to how big the actual location is. Then beside, there's the dance floor. Where they gather to party all night.

Filthy people roam and crowd the place. I wouldn't be able to stand that. I'd rather boringly stay and serve people's drinks for 7 hours than having to go there.

Going back to the present; Armin had been very clumsy as we walked down the road. I didn't know he had no alcohol tolerance.

"Eh? W are you taking me?~" He whimpered.

"Back home, you're drunk as fuck."

I swore to God I should have called Mikasa instead of allowing such brat to get wasted and crash out on me.

"Home?"

I didn't respond. He was unconscious, and he seemed out of trance. He doesn't even understand what 'home' is.

"Why don't we rest from training?"

That's when he finally caught my attention. Training?

"Let's rest for a while. I'm tired of being humanity's greatest weapon. Expeditions and possibly causing genocide... All I want is to take a glance at the ocean. I thought, what could go wrong?"

"Armin, you're not making sense right now."

"We need to rest for we have training tomorrow... Levi."

And now he's mentioning my name. "What?"

"See, I love you, but it dawns to me as why you'd pick me over him... I have a lot of unanswered questions in my mind."

"I don't know who you're talking about, but we're almost there."

It was the last line he's spouted once we've reached the doorstep. I couldn't comprehend and put my mind into the details, but one is for sure, that I had something to do with it.

But, why? I've only met him a little. What could possibly have happened?

I knock on the door. Armin is no joke. He's been moving a lot the whole entire time.

When the door had finally open, I was met by Hange.

"Levi! You're finally..." They look at Armin, then pulled him away from me. "Where did you run him off to, hm?"

I roll my eyes as I walked past the two. Everyone glazed at me like I've done something criminal-like.

"How did you find him?" Mikasa started.

Armin was being brought upstairs by Hange as I'd explained the upper details.

"Armin? Going to the bar? That's suspicious." Eren laughs as he was being embraced by Jean.

"Oh come on, it's not that big of a deal," she spat back. "Let him be. I think he's going through something."

I decide to ignore all of their bullshit as I untie my shoes and put them back on the shoe rack. All I needed was shower and rest, so I rushed upstairs.

I don't know what that brat had been spitting about, but it all felt nostalgic for unknown reasons.

Trailing back to my perspective, it's seemed to have relevance towards the dreams I've been having for a long time now. Why does Armin seem to have an idea, though? Should I tell him about my dreams? I doubt he knows nothing.

I was being caressed. I was dying. It seemed that I had a lover who'd been begging me not to let go just yet.

These won't help me have a good night's sleep. I have no appetite and I might as well get some rest.