Chuuya

Dazai answers to the call immediately. I know he is trying to ignore me. I'm a kid in this life, so what?! It's not like I asked god to make me illegal to him in the first place! Fifteen, sixteen, I begin to count with my fingers but Dazai ending the call so suddenly makes me curious. So I shot him a glance.

I stand up from the ground, one hand patting the dirt on my hip and another supporting the little Orangette that just slides down to my chest.

When I glance up again and Dazai is at least  a meter further than he should be in the first place. I want to shout his name but he interrupts me when he say "Chuu-chan, isn't this river beautiful?!"

I look at him like he just dip his head into the river and he does. Not just his head but his whole body. I almost drop Orangette in my arms when I run towards Dazai. I am a second too late to even grab his leg. That rotten mummy just disappears into the water.

I lose my mind and fall down letting the gravity suck me in with Orangette. It hisses as it jumps from my lap and scans the river for Dazai. Or for the catnip down the stream. Orangette hops to the bushes. Definitely for the catnip.

Hunching my back to peeks closer into the water, my eyes begin to tear. I'm shaking. I try to call his name but in avail. My voice stuck between my tongue and my throat.

Dazai.

Dazai Osamu.

"Dazai!!!" A man voice growls. I flinch, Orangette rusheo into my arm. The tall man wears a blonde low ponytail. He adjusts his glasses and splashes one arm into the river and heaves a huge voodoo doll in a blink of my eyes.

Voodoo doll.

Not a doll.

Definitely not a cursed doll—

I jumps toward the tall man and kicks the 'thing' he is holding in the stomach. It puke out warm water. The tall man almost threw it back into the river.

"Wake up you cursed mummy!" I weep, strangling his face whilst I press my knee to his stomach thinking that it would make Dazai puke some more nasty water out.

I attempt to put more pressure before a cold hand grabs my thigh, preventing me from doing whatever I'm doing.

"Kunikida-kun, why are you only watching while this babe trying to kill me?!" Dazai blurts out with more water. He sits up and coughs. One hand  resting on my waist supporting me from stumbling down. I feel my face heating up despite of Dazai being ice cold.

Wait, Dazai is freaking cold.

Dazai's hand on my waist is shivering.

"Dazai I swear if you try to run away from work again, I will shove you into the first hotpot I cook this week!" The tall man who Dazai calls Kunikida-kun nags. Then he snorts. Dazai sneezes, ignoring Kunikida completely like it is the most normal thing to do. Maybe it is. For him.

Dazai stands up, holding me like a parcel.

"Eh, Chuuya! You're lighter than I expected."

"Let me go!!"

"Dazai, don't ignore me!" Kunikida frowns to much he might ruin his eyebrows.