Chapter 6

We Are Here

I wake up feeling lonely. Since Chuuya is gone from my arms. Boy, the sunlight annoys me a lot!

Oh, what is that smell? The scent of sweet and butter. Did this little ginger make me some toast?

I jump off the bed and made my way to the kitchen. I found Chuuya standing in front of the stove. So, I walk slowly behind him before he utters. "Don't even think about it."

I shrug and slump on the dining table chair, waiting for the meal to be served. That, if Chuuya did make some for me. If not, I'll just eat the chef itself.

————

It's time. We will venture outside again! But this time, we will not be a stray. I will take us to that 'Dazai' house. I stretch my body and jump off the couch, shaking the sleeping Orangette. I'll call her Orangette by now, it suits her anyway. That brunette and ginger lad gave us the perfect name. Brownie, it's an interesting name I assume.

"Brown... I'm still sleepy, I don't wanna play yet..." Orangette sulks, nuzzling to the small pillow, curving her body like a ball of fur.

"Not Brown, but Brownie, Orangette. Anyway, let go Orangette! We will take a journey to our new owners' house!" I jump enthusiastically showing that how excited I am while the drowsy Orangette nods and lay down again.

"What? This is our house, and who is Orangette? I like that name anyway." She purrs, snuggling to the pillow. I stare daggers at her and pull her away from the fluffy thing. "You are lucky that you're cute Orangette." She hisses and walks to the door, finally following me. She follows me anywhere since we're a kitten.

Oh before I forgot, I'm a cat and so does Orangette. For your information, Both Dazai and Chuuya gave us our name. As for gratitude, we will always be with them and that is what are we doing right now. Sneak out from this cafe to venture our new owners' residence.

"Let's go."

"Go where?" She tilts her fuzzy face to the right. She has a big blue eye, just like our soon to be owner. The short one as I recall. I growl, watching Orangette snatching and chewing the cat's toy. I take it away from Orangette making her hisses grow louder than before. We ended up playing the toy for a minute. (Can't blame me, I'm a cat.)

"Do you remember the couple that came here and gave us our names? We are going to their house!" I pant after a whole session of catching and seizing the toy.

After hearing my announcement, Orangette cheerfully tackles me as I dodge her by leaping backward. "Yay! We are going to a new dimension!" She purrs amusingly.

"New house." I corrected her. "Okay, let's move."

Both of our stomachs growl. We look at each other. "Priority, lunch!" We hiss simultaneously and laugh while heading to Kyouyo.

"Here your crunchy bites!" Kyouyo exclaims. All the cats lunge over Kyouyo. She didn't even flinch. She is used to it after all.

Me and Orangette ate at the same bowl, we are really close but we fight each time. After finishing our foods, we start our journey.

"Thank you for your kindness Kyouyo-sama." I bow and glare at Orangette to bow too. She nods instead and ran to freedom. Sometimes, I can't guess what is in her mind.