a box of apologies

I'm brushing my teeth the next morning almost falling asleep from thinking all night and getting no sleep. Just as it feels like i'm about to fall to the floor in exaustion, i hear a knock on my bathroom door that instantly makes me stop. My sister walks in the bathroom just standing there.

"What?" I look at her with my toothbrush, still in my mouth.

"You're so disgusting, anyways, mom told me to give this to you" She hands me a box and a note hanging onto it.

I just stand there looking at it i confusion.

"Oh my god just take it" She rolls her eyes at me.

I take it as she walks back downstairs.

I open the box to see a folded note with 'Lily' written on it. There's chocolate under the note, heartshaped chocolates. How cute. It's so obvious that it's Ethan trying to apologise for what happened. I open the note.

'Lily, I'm so sorry for doing that to you, and i really hope you can forgive me for it. It was all my fault, i really shouldn't have treated you like that. I fully understand if you can't come back from this.

Ethan'

The note says.

I really shouldn't forgive him, he hurt me. But he really seems sorry for this, and maybe it was just a missunderstanding. I'm going to talk to him after school or something.

Asher never asks to meet up or drive me to school anymore, he's probably driving Emma to school everyday, just like he did with me. He's replaced me with someone who just wants to keep me away from my best friend. She just wants him all to herself, and it kills me.

I can't keep talking to Asher anyway, since Emma will tell the whole school about Ethan and me, and i definitely don't want that to happen. I walk to school just like every other day since Asher started dating Emma. When i get to school, the first person i meet is Ethan. He's standing by the entrance with a kind looking smile on his face. I walk up to him with a small smile on my face not really knowing what emotions i should show now after what happened. We just stand there looking at eachother awkwardly until Ethan finally speaks.

"So.. did you get the box?" He asks sounding really nervous.

"Yeah, uhm i did" I say awkwardly.

I smile at him to let him know that i'm okay as we walk into school together. I think i'm ready to talk it out and forgive him now.

I get some unfriendly looks from Emmas friends all day, and especially from Emma. I try my best to ignore Asher, but it's hard when he's constantly walking over to me and asking if i'm okay and why i'm ignoring him. But i still manage not talking to him because whenever he walks up to me, Emma's somewhere in the picture, watching us. To see if i'm going to break the 'deal' we made.

After school, i ask Ethan to come to my house to talk about everything and hopefully make up. He has his car in the school parkinglot so we drive back to my house. When we walk into my house, my mom is standing in the kitchen and as soon as she sees us, she starts talking.

"Ethan, right?" My mom asks smiling.

"Yeah, nice to meet you, mrs Carter" He smiles.

"Nice to meet you too Ethan, Oh and please call me Pamela" She chuckles.

He gives her a kind smile as we walk up to my room.

"So, should we maybe talk about what ,uhm what happened" I ask probably sounding really nervous as i sit down in my bed.

"Yeah, of course" He sits down beside me in my bed.

We talk it out for a while, and we agree that it was a missunderstanding, Ethan's really sorry for what happened, and i forgive him for it. He tells me about the problems he has at home with his dad, and appearently his dad is an alcoholic and struggles with anger and all that. He also tells me that the time when he left for the party was because his dad had gotten really drunk at some bar and Ethan needed to bring him home. I feel so bad for not taking his apology earlier.

He tells me that he has to go about an hour later because of something with his dad, i ask him if i can help in any way, but he just strictly says no in such a defensive way. I understand that it's really hard to have to cope with something like that.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

the next few weeks are great, no fights, nothing is uncomfortable with Ethan at all. The only bad thing is that, well, i can't talk to Asher. Atleast i have Liza though, i've told her about the whole thing, she's unsure of what i should do, and so am i. But i mean, Ethan shouldn't take it that bad if we're agreed about everything and have no issues with that anymore. Liza seems a bit off right now, i think there's something she hasn't told me. I'm worried that it's something bad, but i try not to think about it too much, because i'm on my way Ethan's house to sleep over. it's our first sleepover since everything, i hope it goes well. I knock on his door and walk in, his parents aren't home , they never are when i'm there.

We lay in his bed for a while, talking until he changes the subject.

"Hey, Lily have you noticed something?" He smiles.

"What" I giggle as i play with his hair.

"..My parents aren't home" He smirks.

I know exactly what he means by that, the look on his face, everything about it is just, i know. i don't think i'm ready for that. He needs to respect that right?

I smile softly at him to see if he maybe meant something else and i'm just assuming things.

He starts kissing my neck slowly playing with my hair.

"Ethan, I don't want to do this" I say trying to pull away.

"Of course you do" He gets on top of me.

"No i don't" I try to push him away.

He ignores me and keeps kissing my neck.

"No!" I scream.

He rolls his eyes and pushes me off the bed.

"I don't even know why i liked you in the first place, just fucking stand up and leave already!" He screams at me.

I run out of his house crying. Did this really have to happen? Oh my god.

I run into my house with tears streaming down my face, this time, my mom was there to see me running inside.

"Honey, what's wrong?" My mom catches me before can run upstairs.

She pulls me into a hug and i collapse in her arms. She brings me to the couch and pulls my head to her lap and asks me to tell her about everything that happened.

I tell her about everything that happened, she was shocked.

"It's okay, we'll figure this out" She stroaks my hair.

I can't be in a relationship with someone who doesn't respect consent or just simply doesn't respect me. But i still don't know how i should end this.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Heyy

Thanks for reading ' a box of apologies ' i really hope you liked it.

Leave a comment/vote/share if you did :)

Have a great day/night <3