after class ; kjs

Your POV.

"Okay class, I'm going to pass back your research papers from last week. Please do not whine when you see your grade. It is what you earned. When you do mediocre work, you get mediocre grades"

I anxiously tap my finger on my desk waiting for my teacher, Ms. Kim to pass back my paper. I worked so hard to get maintain my 1.0 and if it drops because of the paper, I won't be able to go to Spain for the summer. The more I want my paper in my hand, the slower she seems to get to my desk. I sigh and roll my eyes as everyone in front of me moans and groans about what they were graded. When she finally makes it to me, my heart drops as she does the dreaded paper fold which basically means that your grade sucks so bad that it needs to be discreet.

"Ms. Y/N" She presses her lips together "Could have been better"

I take the paper from her hand and when I open it, a giant red 69 stares at me. I gasp and my best friend, Chaeyoung leans over "Jesus Christ, she butchered your paper. So much for spain"

I fall back against my seat and run my fingers through my hair "There is no way in hell I'm going to accept this"

After the bell rings, ending school, I am more than ready to plead my case. I have been a straight-A student all semester and now a D comes out of nowhere. Sitting at my desk, I wait for everyone to leave. Chaeyoung looks back at me and starts chanting "Spain. Spain. Spain." I can't help but laugh as she continues to chant all the way out of the class.

When the room is empty, Ms. Kim wipes the board not knowing that I'm still here. I eye her from behind and notice her feminine muscles in her arms flexing. It isn't a secret that Ms. Kim is the hottest teacher here but she is also the hardest. I'm the only girl in the class who hasn't swooned over her. When I clear my throat, she jumps a bit and turns around "Jesus, Y/N you scared me. I thought you left with Ms. Park."

"Nope" I say as I stand "I want to talk about my grade on the paper"

"I already told you, mediocre work gets mediocre..."

I cut her off "I didn't do mediocre work. I worked my ass off for the paper" Ms. Kim looks at me in shock. I would be shocked if I heard me too. I rarely ever raise my voice but I need Spain.

"Ms. Y/L/N, I grade everyone's paper fairly. Your paper was good but held a lot of flaws in construction and execution. It was messy. Sit down and I'll talk you through it" I roll my eyes and flop down in a desk. Ms. Kim walks over to the door and closes it.

She walks over to me and kneels down.

"Okay, let's see. Let start off with your thesis statement, It was good, but it lacked originality. You didn't put enough of yourself into the paper, Y/N. It's too mechanic. It's like you said what you thought I wanted to read."

"But did it really deserve a 69? I worked hard, Ms. Kim. You know I deserve better than this and my paper didn't lack originality. Honestly, I think you have my paper mistaken for some dunce."

A frown forms on my forehead and Ms. Kim, still leaning over me, flips through my paper. I rest my head on my hand, feeling her breath on the back of my hand.

"I'm sorry, Y/N, but my grades are final"

Feel incredibly down in the dumps, I just give up. I'm not going to Spain with my friends even though I saved up for almost a year. Catching me off guard, Ms. Kim tucks a piece of my hair back.

"Ms. Y/L/N, I'm really sorry about your trip to Spain. I've heard a few of your friends talking about it for months."

I shrug "It's whatever. I have to go."