8 - 2:42pm, Friday, 26 September, 1986:

[a/n: a cute lil' face claim for our cute lil' Dove — the sheer gorgeousness that is Raven Lyn Corneil! Also I'm sure you're able to tell, by the date alone, that we're getting closer and closer to a much dreaded event. I just cannot overemphasize how much I love Cliff Burton. Anyway, here's a little more of Joe Perry being wholesome as fuck while Dove's boys are away in Sweden.]

“Jesus, could you be any slower? The man's waiting for us.”

“God forbid Joe Perry has to wait.”

It hadn't been long since the day my sister brought home one half of the Toxic Twins, but I did see him everyday since then. They played this adorable little game where she insisted on taking the bus to the ballet school everyday, despite having a car, and then Joe would be waiting in the parking lot at the end of the school day everyday, insisting he drive us home.

“Okay, I think I have everything...” I was uncertain, but hey, Joe was waiting.

Saldana roughly pulled me by my backpack as I tried to head for the door. She was irked by my loose shoelaces, apparently. I smirked as she took a knee to tie them for me. She'd rather make her rockstar lover wait another minute than have me trip and get hurt.

The Aerosmith and Run DMC Walk This Way collaboration was booming from Joe's car. My brother was sitting shotgun and seemed to be enjoy the rap-rock fusion way more than Joe was.

“Don't you know it's really rude to subject a musician to their own music?” I commented mockingly as I slid into the backseat.

“Just gimme a kiss!”

Saldana stretched her neck around Joe's headrest to give his cheek a greeting kiss. So there was a new development - they weren't hiding their affection from us anymore.

“Hey, it's okay, Isaiah can listen to whatever he wants. He asked a chick out on a date at school today and she said yes, so we're letting him do whatever the hell he wants today, okay?” He eyed my sister via the rearview mirror.

I jumped forward in my seat, “no way! Frankie said yes?!”

“Geez sis, could you sound anymore surprised that a girl would voluntarily agree to indulge my lame-ass company for a whole evening?”

“Why's her name Frankie? What's wrong with her?”

I was sitting behind Isaiah and I could see him pulling his face at Saldana's unpleasant bluntness, “Eloise Frankilynne something-something... I forgot her last name, I'll be honest. Anyway she prefers to go by 'Frankie', because she thinks Eloise sounds too pretentious.”

“She's right, it does.” With a name like Dove, I was in no position to comment on the pretentiousness of Eloise, so I stayed quiet and let my sister continue, “She sounds like a badass. With a name like Frankie? Bet she's a school-ground bully.”

“Actually, she's a cheerleader.”

Joe took one hand off the steering wheel so he could give Isaiah a fist-bump. It made me giggle to see how men could celebrate such minor, insignificant details. It never dawned on me that Kirk might feel the same way over me being a ballerina.

“So when's the date?”

“Tonight!” He genuinely could not contain the excitement in his voice.

“Your sister and I are watching Titanic tonight. You two are welcome to join us, just saying.”

“No.” said Saldana flatly, her tone indicating that there was no chance she's letting Isaiah and his girl into the guestroom with them.