Chapter 16

*Flashback*

As I walked down the street of Nibelhiem, I felt a presence behind me. My brother wasn't with me. He was at home or somewhere with Tifa.
I glanced behind me & saw a crew of men. Mid to late 20s. Kind of creepy. They were whispering to each other & staring at me. I started to walk across the street away from home. I glanced in the distance at the Shinra building, I sighed. I realized I'd never become SOLIDER.

"Hey you!"

I looked over my shoulder as the group of guys started to walk faster towards me. Nu uh. I started to run. & of course they ran after me. Can you where I ran towards?

Shinra Electric Power Company.

I was almost to the main street of the where the building was until one of the guys grabbed my backpack & pulled me back. I screamed & stumbled back.

"Get your dirty hands off me!"

"Little kitten doesn't want to play."

"But she's so cute!"

"Shes a little rougher than her brother but she will have to do"

They all circled me as I gave them a questionable look. One pushed me into one then the other.

I kicked one where the sun doesn't shine & he fell to his knees. I flung my backpack off & drew my pocket knife.

The main leader backed into a wall staring at me. I threw my knife at him & it barely missed the side of his head.

I grabbed one of his sidekicks running up the wall & slamming him on the ground, hearing him scream in agony. I backed up, catching my breath while looking at these group of hoodlums that just got beat up by a 19 year old.

"I suggest going back to your home now" I said violently, walking slowly towards them.

"Lets get the hell out of here!" They all got up & ran.

I sighed & cracked my neck. I reached up on the wall that my knife was stuck in to put it back in my pocket.

"That was enjoyable" I heard a deep husky voice say in the distance.

I glanced over & there stood the most loved, famous, strongest & gorgeous man ever lived.

Sephiroth.

I didn't know what to say at first. I was taken aback that this man was actually talking to me. That he actually noticed me.

"Oh uh.. thank you" he smirked. He walked over to me & handed me my backpack that I obviously forgot was landed somewhere.

"Thank you... sir." I said as I put my backpack on my back & straightened my stance while I looked up at him. Comparing my height to his, I went up to his mid torso.

"What is your name?"

"Janelle, sir."

"Hmmph." He smiled a bit.

"Yes?"

"You don't need to call me sir. But are you alright after that altercation with those men?"

"Oh I'm sorry... Sephiroth. Yes I'm more than fine. I'm great" I said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry for my temper. I will leave you be." I turned on my heels but felt a golved hand grab mine.

"Don't. I have time"

"SOLIDER 1st Class Sephiroth wants to hear a poor story of a girl running away from home? Are you bored?" He chuckled.

"Well first I'd protect you this evening after those dullards wanted to act in such a manner. But you seemed to handle your own pretty well. Second, I think you'd fit in well at the company as a potential SOLIDER candidate."

I stared at him. Sephiroth wanting an ordinary girl like me to join Shinra.

"You want me to join SOLIDER." I giggled a little & jumped on the wall to sit. He looked at me & leaned against it, crossing his arms.

"Its an invite. Not an demand. I just think you have potential. & I'm willing to get you in there & be your mentor." I looked at him. He became so... intrigued with me. His hair looks so soft as it moved softly in the night breeze. His pale ivory skin was so soft or at least looked it. He looked at me & looked at my eyes.

"Your eyes... they're cat like.."

"I've always been told my eyes are different than any others." I looked at his. They were the same.

"But yours are the same.. so.. odd." I tilted my head. He smiled a little & looked away.

"Tell me what brought you to Shinra."

"My mom treats me different than my brother. Like he's the favorite. Anything I do or say pisses her off. I've dealt with it for too long. But I have an undeniable strength that alot of people don't know about. I heal fast, I run fast, I can run up walls, it's so weird..." Sephiroth looked at me.

'Who's your brother?"

"Cloud Strife"

"Huh... that spikey haired blonde." He crossed his arms looked in the distance.

"He's easy manipulated" he breathed.

"You know he looks up to you alot. 'I wish to be the GREATEST SOLIDER like Sephiroth.' He says." I remarked in quotations. Sephiroth chuckled.

"He's not as creepy as some women around here." I looked at him with my eyes wide.

"Excuse me?"

"Not you. Its just a weird thing that a group of women started that they know how my hair smells, shampoo & conditioner I use, how many bottles it takes to wash my hair... wanting me to stripped down to my waist for them. It's all weird."

"Thats totally not creepy at all" I said sarcastically as I giggled.

"...but what shampoo & conditioner do you use?"

He chuckled.

"Its professionally made by the Shinra company." I nodded my head.

"Rose & vanilla is the scent if you're wondering."

"Noted." I smiled. Swinging my legs back & forth as I glanced over at Sephiroth. Who now moved & stood infront of me.

"I have to say, I've never had a decent conversation with anyone or woman for that matter."

"I'd say I'm not all that surprised."

"Oh?"

"Youre very reserved & intimidating man. So very few words would scare anyone." He smirked.

"Well I can say one thing, Janelle."

"& what's that, Sephiroth." I looked up at him who's eyes were glued to mine.

"Youre a very observant, strong, well put together woman. I know at one point you're gonna annoy me." I shook my head.

"But you're beautiful" I looked at him. He didn't look like the Sephiroth everyone knew. He looked sincere & soft. I blushed & looked away.

"Well, thank you." He grabbed my waist, taking me off the wall to my feet.

"Lets make you a SOLIDER."