Chapter 9.

"That was intense" we turned around & saw Zack standing there, arms crossed.

"What are you doing here? We told you to leave." I glared at him.

"I don't like conflict. But when it involves people I care about, I don't mind getting involved. Something is going on & I want to know. Cloud is scared of his own sister & Lazard has left town." He looked over at Sephiroth who had his masamune out but not drawn. He was angry. He doesn't like anyone getting into his business.

"Shinra isn't doing anything to save this planet. Jenova is our lifestream. We have to do everything in our power to protect her."

"To protect the planet or destroy it? You've done nothing but destroy & kill innocent people!" I sighed & shook my head. Sephiroth spoke coldly.

"Those that are born of her are bound to her. Shall this world be unmade, so to shall her children."

"Those born of this planet need to do right of the planet & of Mother. So far, they have done nothing but hurt & destroy this planet. If we cannot fix it, we will make this planet of what it has become & find a way & make a new planet. We will make a shining future."

Zack shook his head. He took out his buster sword & held it in front of him, closing his eyes.

"Boy oh boy... the price of freedom is steep...." Sephiroth got into his combat stance, as did I.

"Embrace your dreams &  whatever happens... protect your honor... as a soldier!" Zack charged for us at full speed. I fully equipped my katana with a blue light & slammed my sword against his. We made eye contact, I smiled at him. I throw him against the glass window causing it to shatter. I flipped my sword behind back as Sephiroth walked towards him, stabbing him through the chest, throwing him through the ceiling to the roof top. His wing appeared flying after him. I was now scared.

"Sephiroth!" I screamed while I jumped through the now giant hole through to the roof.

Zack & Sephiroth stood face to face, swords drawn.

I stood in front of Sephiroth & looked up at him.

"This isn't the way. We can't kill Zack or Cloud." He looked down at me. His eyes full of rage. He was angry & depressed.

He looked back at Zack & flew off. I'm guessing to Nibelhiem. I sighed & turned to look at Zack.

"You breathe your last breath today. Be careful." I threatened & I flew after Sephiroth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I got to the Reactor where Jenova was, Sephiroth got the door to Jenova open. I looked around for him & called his name. I walked up the stares & saw him face to face with the shell that was protecting Jenova herself. He heard me behind him since he glanced.over his shoulder.

"I just wanted to see her.." he whispered. I put my hand on his back & nodded my head.

"You have a right. Thats okay." Sephiroth gave me a sweet kiss & looked back up to Mother.

"Mother.. you chose her for me.. I will protect her with everything I have...& this planet.."

I heard a sword slash through solid steel. I look back & see Zack. Standing there with a stone cold face that look angry. I drew my katana, facing Zack. Sephiroth didn't lose his concentration on Jenova.

"Mother, let's take back the planet together. I... I had an epiphany..."

"Lets go to the Promise Land. Mother..-"