Doll Songs

Prologue:

"Mommy!" The little girl screamed waking up from a terrible nightmare. The young one looked around her room. A shadow moved by her closet.

"Annette?" The little girl hugged her stuffed elephant as another shadow slumped across the wall.

"Ring around the rosies..." A small voice whispered from within the corner. The attic door blew open and the little girl screamed.

"Pocket full of posies..." The little girl screamed for her mother. She screamed for her father and she screamed for her older brothers.

"Ashes, ashes..." The voice became louder.

"We all fall down." The voice sang. She continued to sing and each time the song started over it got more and more violent.

"ASHES, ASHES!" The little girl understood now.

"We all fall down." The little girl whispered as a potato sack was thrown over head.

 ***

Elsa was tucked into bed and sleeping soundly when she heard a beautiful voice start to sing.

"London bridge is falling down..." Elsa's tiny blue eyes snapped open.

"Hello?" She whispered into the darkness that was her room.

"Falling down, falling down." The beautiful voice laughed playfully. Where was it coming from.\?

"My fair Elsa." How did this voice know her name? Elsa began to shake and she hugged her new dolly,Carmen, to her chest. The voice only got more alluring as she sung. It was almost dawn when Elsa finally got it.

"I'm going to go see mommy." Elsa said sadly as a pillow case was thrown over her head.

Chapter 1:

"Children between the ages of as little as 4 and as old as 17 have been vanishing world wide. The president has ordered a population count of female children from ages 2 through 20. All kids will be taken to a secret facility where they will be cared for and protected by the U.S. Government. More on this story, tonight at 5." As the news flipped to a Vonage commercial, I stared wide eyed at the TV screen.

I, Sherrie Amanda-Teresa Davids, was a female between the ages of 2-20.

"I thought you were going to the mall?" My mother said taking the TV remote and turning to her soap opera. I glared at my mother.

"Mom were you not just watching the same thing that I was?" I asked loudly.

"No I was." My mother said shrugging.

"Mom turn Days Of Our Lives off and look at me. Don't you care that I'm going to a secret facility?!" I asked almost hysterically. I don't know why because my mother was nothing to waste my breath on.

"No." My mom said into her show. I rolled my eyes. I might as well  start packing. I thought as I ran upstairs to my bedroom. My old stuffed animal Judy the penguin sat on my bed staring at me with happy eyes.

"Duh I'm gonna take you!" I said out loud. No way was I leaving him behind. Yes Judy was him. I admit I was obsessed with that name when i was 8 and had gotten rid of my old doll. On top of that my penguin was a boy because he had had, and still does, loose stuffing coming out of between his legs. Oh well get over it.

I stopped and stood in the middle of my room. What on earth was I taking with me? Judy? Yes. Toothbrush? Duh! Cell phone? Just in case. Couple of warm outfits? Yeah man.

I grabbed everything as I thought about it. I opened up my closet when a tidal wave of clothes fell down upon me. I'd forgotten about my closet disaster. I struggled up and looked at my now unclean room. Dag it! Something moved in my peripheral vision and I instantly spun towards it.

An old doll of mine, Tutsumi, was front and center. Her hair hung limply around her shoulders and her blue green kimono was wrinkled and messed up from being in the closet for ten years. Her smile was twisted and evil looking and the red lipstick that had been sloppily drawn on her now looked like blood dripping from her maniacal smile.

Tutsumi stared at me with cold black eyes and a shiver rand down my back. I locked eyes with her beady ones as goosebumps started rising on my arms. "Come to me children, and follow my way." I heard her sing. Her mouth opened as I fell to the ground instantly paralyzed.

"Into the world of darkness and magic," she sang dreamily. I remembered the lyrics from a song I found on Youtube.

"With all my power I'll show you the way..." I snapped out of it and wiped a trail of drool that had started to make its way out of my mouth.

"Huh?" I shook my head. What happened? I shrugged and threw Tatsumi in my closet. It was funny because I thought i'd lost her when I was 6. I hadn't seen her since.

"The Feds are looking for you." My mother said drunkenly. Who got drunk in... I checked my watch. I'd been in that stupid trance for 15 minutes! Whoa... I shrugged and grabbed my bags.

"Bye mother." I said rolling my eyes and walking past her. Before I md ie to the stairs my mom rushed over and grabbed my arm.

"You're next! She's coming for you." My mother coughed as she got a dazed look in her eyes.

"Yea whatever crazy." I said rolling my eyes yet again.

"Only the chosen three can stop them!" My mom coughed again and blood spatted on my face. I gasped as mom fell to the floor in a rasping seizure.

"MOM! HELP!" I shrieked as I fell to her side. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head before she started hyperventilating and blood came out of her eyes ears mouth and nose. Two bulky looking men in black suits rushed in and one of them called an ambulance. My mother's body shook one last time before she went limp. One of the guys checked her pulse. "She's gone," He said sadly. The other took me by the arms and led  me to a bus filled with kids as I screamed for my dead mom.

I looked up to the sky but caught a glimpse of a japanese doll waving at me from the window of my room. I gasped and quickly pointed but Tatsumi was gone.

__________________

Auther's note:

Hope you like ...it's not all that scary yet sorry. comment :)