22 - Revealing The Truth Takes Time III

Everything was heading south. Their plans only backfired and caused more harm. Yeona and Kiyeon arrived at the Hera Palace, confident that they will leave with great results and get the villains punished. Nothing of the sorts happened. If anything, it allowed Ju Dantae and Cheon Seojin to manipulate the media even further. There were now on the news

"Kim Chaeyeong, owner of CY Bio Organisation, has been arresting for child abuse, after leaving her son in a fire and tying him up with ropes to a pole in a car park," Yeona could not believe a single word the news were speaking. Both Rona and Yeona were sitting in the hospital room, shoulders drooping and their stomach twists. Neither of them could bare to look up. If they didn't do anything, maybe everything would've been different.

"Rona yah, please go home, you have nothing to do with, its my family business and I don't want to cause you harm, imagine what Ju Dantae can do if he finds out," Yeona breathed out, hardly audible. Her hands were trembling with fear on what was too come. Her mother got arrested for something false, she will most likely get kicked out of the Penthouse, her brother will have trauma for the rest of his life. Nothing is going to plan. Rona's eyes soften when she finally looked up to see the fragile girl sitting on the other side of the room.

"I am not leaving, firstly because I can't until my mother comes, second how can I leave you alone right now?" As if on queue, Taewon enters with his arms loosely tugging Seola how seemed to have been crying due to the redness of her cheeks and eyes. Yeona jumped out of her seat and ran to her uncles arms, releasing a loud cry. He wiped his few tears rolling down and placed a tight smile, comforting his niece.

"Its alright everyone is alive, everything is fine," It wasn't fine.

***

Kiyeon was awake. He opened his eyes but he did not see anything. He did not see his precious sister putting her hands over her mouth in shock, he did not see his partner dropping to her knees, and he most definitely did not see his uncle eyes, filled with memories of the two. All he saw was fire and a pair of hands. The scene replaying over and over again. His eyes were not filled with fear, but with touch, touch of disgust.

"Kiyeon ah," Seola's voice cracked as she walked over slowly, allowing him to see where she was. She held a pair of black gloves in both of her hands. He reached over, and with no thought touched her skin. Seola waited. He flinched back harshly, tears falling out of his eyes as he saw Ju Dantae's skin touch his own. This time he heard Yeona's sobs and Taewon's comforting words.

"What the hell is happening?" Kiyeon said shock by his behaviour. A doctor entered a few minuted before and explained everything about his new condition. He placed his gloved hand over his face and sighed in annoyance.

"Brother, we must stop, eomma is in jail now, you are more broken than ever, this was not what we wanted, we wanted to punish to real killer, but all we did was make things worse," Yeona's voice cracked again. Kiyeon shook his head violent sitting up, careful not to touch anyones skin.

"If anything, this makes me want to punish Ju Dantae more, how dare he think he can get away with it? Yeona whatever I do next, I do not want you to get involved, none of you, we have all seen what Ju Dantae can do, he can leave trauma for the rest of our lives or he can kill us all, the less we are the better," Yeona pulled her hair harshly sinking into a chair. She knew he was right, but he could not let him do everything by himself.

"Kiyeon ah, I will do anything and I mean anything to punish Ju Dantae, and I know you want to as well," Taewon released a breath before he placed his hands slowly on the banister of his bed. "But I will not let you do it by yourself, I won't tell you not to do anything, because I know you better than that, but I tell you to work with me, Yeona and Suryeon we will do it,"