16 - Protection and Truth

"Yah Jung Yeona, what the hell are you doing?" Seokhoon raised his voice as they both strolled to a concealed area, away from the others. Yeona stared at him with dead eyes, there was nothing in them anymore.

"Why do you care?" Yeona looked down, not matching his eyes. She spoke quietly, total opposite on how she has been acting. Seokhoon sat her down on a bench outside of the schools ground, sitting next to her.

"Don't you think I always tried to protect you?" Seokhoon turned his body towards her leaning his head on his palm. Yeona scoffed loudly, still not meeting his eyes.

"Well the day you protected me, my father died so," Yeona remembered that time clearly. How she walked along the corridor by herself. How she saw her father with another figure arguing. How she nearly got stabbed by a random knife. How Seokhoon covered her mouth with his hand and how her father died in front of her but she couldn't do anything. All this time she wanted to blame someone. If she wasn't restricted, she could've caught the killer at least. All the blame moved to Ju Seokhoon. He shifted his seat and his eyes turned from happiness to sadness.

"I have to blame someone, the moment I protect someone, they die, the moment I am protected, someone I love dies, I can't win Ju Seokhoon, but I can at least try again," Seokhoon stared at the girl in worry. Is that what she has been thinking all this time. Yeona stood up fixing her skirt and facing the blamed boy.

"Tell you sister to get lost, and don't ever try to contact me again, I swear if anything repeats himself and someone gets hurt, I won't forgive you," She walked off, her hair swaying side to side, covering her stained face. She can never admit it, but there is guilt arising inside of her the moment she saw him. Maybe if they never talk or meet again, all those feelings can disappear. Even if it's impossible.

Kiyeon waited for his sister to arrive and to drive home. A black car pulled up, recognising the number plate. He peaked in, but to fail, he couldn't see anything. Seola walked out with his mother, smiling. Kiyeon grinned brightly seeing her walk out healthy.

"Seola," He walked to her side but froze when he realised their new relationship. She realised his hesitation and chuckled. Grabbing his hand, Seola tightened her grip, releasing a rose blush on her cheeks. Kiyeon widened his eye sat her actions.

"I told you to show me everything I forgot, you aren't making much progress," She waved her hand at Yeona walking down the stairs with her bag of books and notes.

"Min Seola!" Yeona ran excitedly to her and wrapped her arms around her shoulder. Seola giggled, using her free arm to hug her back. Chaeyeong laughed at the silly children she has to look after.

"Come on now, uncle Taewon is waiting,"

Kiyeon and Seola walked ahead of everyone else and reached their door. They both stopped in their tracks at a male figure waiting for them with his head down low.

"Kiyeon ah, can I talk to you?" Seokhoon spoke, taking a glance at Seola who glared at him, throwing daggers in his direction. Kiyeon pushed Seola behind him, protecting her from her past bully.

"Go inside, I will be there in a second, uncle should be in already," Kiyeon smiled sweetly, making Seola instantly smile back and let go of his hand, walking inside the house. He walked forward towards Seokhoon who kept his head below.

"Why do you keep doing this? Keep hurting the ones I love? First Yeona and then Seola, who's next?" Kiyeon spat in his face out of anger. Seokhoon looked away annoyed by his attitude.

"Look, I thought I did the right thing protecting Yeona when her brother wasn't around, I need to talk with Yeona, tell her I was waiting for her," Seokhoon hoped that he would leave his immaturity and help him in this occasion.

"Tell her yourself, if I see you hurt anyone close to me again, it won't be all happy and yellow," Kiyeon opened the door slamming it shut and preparing something for himself and Seola. Seokhoon waited behind a pillar for Yeona as he knew that Kiyeon will not tell her she needed to meet him.

Yeona strutted to her door, with her eyes glued to her phone, reading past articles about Cheongah.

"Yeona!" Seokhoon shouted loud enough for her to hear. She met his eyes and immediately tried to enter her home but was stopped by his hand reach for her arm.

"Please, just five minutes," Seokhoon pleaded. Yeona gave in and walked into the balcony, watching over Seoul. She rested her arms on the railing and looked over. He stood next to her, thinking of what to say to her.

"I am sorry for hurting you in the way I did, but I just don't understand, all I did was try to protect you from getting killed, I know your father died in the process but I don't think you should be as angry with me as you are now, we were doing great," Seokhoon voiced quietly, so quiet Yeona could barely hear what he was saying. She sighed, clasping her hands into fists.

"After what happened, I need someone to blame or else I will go crazy, he always said he wanted to see me grow and become the best soprano voice standing on Italy's best stage, but all he got was a stab in the heart and a fake cause of death," Yeona breathed out. Seokhoon nodded in understanding and looked down at the view below him.

"i understand that, sorry about Seokkyung, she has been a bit sensitive recently, I will try and make her change," Seokhoon kept his glance at the roaming people walking at the cross walk, having normal life's. Yeona did not move her position but her eyes were not filled with fury but comfort instead.

"Don't make her change, I am only irritating her to get rid of my stress," Yeona said nonchalantly. Seokhoon smiled and finally looked at her. Her brown hair was swaying the wind, her jacket moving side to side from the breeze. She still looks the same but her emotions and feelings have all changed.

"Can you tell your brother to calm down and that I won't hurt you or his girlfriend anymore?" Seokhoon looked disgusted when thinking about him, earning a laugh from Yeona. She nodded her head, agreeing he needs to stop crossing the line, just because he is exciting for having a girlfriend. For a moment, she forgot all the worries and how wrong everything is. She was finally experiencing calm conversation with the boy she once cared the most about to the boy she hated with her whole life.

"After everything we went through, don't you think we can start again?" Seokhoon turned his body to look at Yeona who was instantly taken back to her reasons for coming back. She turned towards him, her eyes matching him. As much as she wishes for everything to be normal, she needs to focus.

"We can never be together again, Ju Dantae, your father," She looked at every detail of his face before speaking again. Seokhoon paid attention to everything she says. His heart dropped.

"He is the killer of my father, how can I be with you knowing your father killed mine?" Seokhoon eyes widened, Yeona looked at him with no intimidation. She knew she had to put her feelings aside and do everything she can to get revenge.

She needed him to hate her, if he hates her, she will be a step closer to Ju Dantae.

-A new story with Seokhoon and Yeona. The story is slowly progressing through season 1. Hope everyone enjoys this chapter and keep reading throughout this story! Next chapter more of the truth will be revealed :) -