Chapter 10

Past life – Yiling

Wen Ning stood beside Lan Yuan giving their bows to the tomb that they made for their Wen families. Both of them had tried to recover any remnants at Luanzong Hill after Guanyin temple accident and they had been coming here from time to time to visit the tomb. This time, they stopped by after a night hunt in Yiling with the remaining three Phoenix of Youth. Lan Yu, Lan Shan and Jin Ling stood behind them in silence.

"Jiejie, A-Yuan has been this big. I'm sure you're proud of him. Remember back then when you always scold Wei-gongzhi for playing and tricking A-Yuan too much? You no need to worry, Wei-gongzhi is teaching him wisely now." Wen Ning said as he knelt before the memorial stone he built for his sister, Wen Qing. Even though they can't find her remnant, Wen Ning still built this memorial for her.

Lan Yuan just smiled in silent.

"You want to stay here for a while, Wen-shushu?" Wen Ning nodded.

"If you want to go back first, you can go with other Young masters. I'm sorry to hold back the trip home."

"It's okay, Wen-qianbei." Lan Shan said with a smile. Lan Yu said nothing and so do Jin Ling. Wen Ning stiffly bow to them.

"Shushu."

"I may be taking a longer time. Young masters could be tired. I'm sorry." Lan Yuan sighed at Wen Ning's continuous apology. Lan Yuan gave the light signal to Wen Ning.

"I believe you're stronger than anything, I no need to worry about you. But just use this if you're in trouble." Lan Yuan said.

Wen Ning smiled and nodded. Even though he's a cold living dead, he knew warmth of care and Lan Yuan was offering him.

"Let's go." Lan Yuan turned to the rest.

They nodded. Lan Shan bade a goodbye to Wen Ning. Lan Yu just offered a polite smile while Jin Ling just gave a glance. Wen Ning didn't take it to heart because he knew Jin Ling always sceptical about him even though they often met as Wen Ning often followed the Phoenix of Youth's night hunts on Lan Yuan's invitation.

The Phoenix of Youth mounted their sword to go down the hill where the tomb located. Lan Yuan suggested that they rested at the inn in the town before continued their journey. No one said anything knowing Lan Yuan was reluctant to leave Wen Ning behind. Thus, the four of them went to the nearest inn to eat and eventually asked for rooms to rest.

"Gongzhi, we're sorry, we only have two rooms available." The worker said. The four looked at each other. "If you're okay to share, both of the rooms have two beds inside."

Lan Yuan looked at his friends. "I don't mind to share..."

"We will take it." Lan Shan said and tugged Lan Yuan to his side. "I will share with you."

Lan Yu frowned. "Why I have to share with Jin?"

"Hey." Jin Ling stared at Lan Yu in annoyance.

Lan Yuan looked at them. He knew better not to let Jin Ling and Lan Yu alone. As much as Lan Shan and Jin Ling love to squabble all the time, Lan Yu and Jin Ling could be the worst combination. Lan Yuan plucked his arm softly from Lan Shan.

"Jingyi, you're A-Yu's roommate. Maybe we should do it that way?" Lan Yuan tried to compromise.

"Why not just finding another inn that could have more rooms?" Jin Ling said.

"I'm afraid the other inns also almost full, we're receiving visitors this week for a Lunar celebration." The worker told them. Lan Yuan stared at Lan Shan with hope.