Chapter 11

Past life

"Xinba!" The male in 30s turned and instantly smiled to see the person who called him. His brother, his lover.

Xiao Zhan who is inside Xinba smiled as well. He could see the love in their eyes.

"Shihuan. You're back."

"Mm. Father decided to come home early after we got lucky with a deer today." Xinba nodded.

"Dinner is going to be big." Shihuan nodded happily. He sat beside Xinba and snuggled closer. Their marked arm found each other and the lotus mark glowed. Both of them smiled in bliss.

'I miss Lotus Pier.' Xiao Zhan admired the glowing lotus.

"I always say this but I will never get tired of this pretty glow and admiring it." Shihuan commented. Xinba hummed agreeing. "Xinba."

"Yes?"

"I love you." Xinba smiled.

"I do love you too." They shared a kiss. A clank of metal crashing on the ground made both of them jumped from each other. The once closed door was opened and there is their father standing there. Shihuan paled as he finally remembered he forgot to lock the door.

"What on Earth is happening here?!" The shout made both of them realized, the secret they had been keeping for few years now out in the open.

Everything after that was a blur to both of them, their father had been punching them in anger while their mother looked at them pitifully yet disappointed. The raging father tried to disfigure the mark but both of them protected it with all their might. The parents discussed about the soulmate mark before they came to a conclusion. They watched their father called their colony to discuss this matter, they knew it would be bad. Yet both of them were standing firm side by side protecting each other, protecting their love.

Xiao Zhan could feel Xinba's fear, he's after all growing up in the colony. He must have an idea what they're going to face. Xinba held Shihuan near him tighter when the people started to gather in front of their house.

The eldest, the leader of the colony sent a chilling glare at both Xinba and Shihuan. "They're a shame. They're the abomination. Shall not let them live." The leader said. Shihuan grasped on Xinba's shirt.

"Please, I allow you to punish them as you like. No matter they're my sons or not." The father said. The mother stayed silent, she looked away from them when Shihuan called her.

Xinba gritted his teeth.

"I don't care if you want to kill us. I won't let him go. I love him and that's it. We're not wrong, we're just in love and soulmates." Xinba growled at them. Shihuan hid behind his back, overwhelmed with fear and giving-up on their parents while holding onto Xinba who he knew love him dearly.

"Separate them and lock them in different place!" The leader gave his command, the other started to move towards the pair.

Xinba tried to fend them off, protecting Shihuan but to no avail as they're fighting too many people at once. Eventually, they got Shihuan and separated them.

"Shihuan!"

"Xinba, no!"

Xiao Zhan winced and everything turned black. 'He was knocked out.' As he thought about the situation, he gained the view again.

Xinba woke up with himself tied hanging by two arms on each side. His legs were cuffed with some metals that connected to a weight ball preventing him from running away. He hissed at the coldness he felt, he was left bare. Some old stings on his back let him guess that he was whipped and beaten up while unconscious.