three

A small victorious smirk took over her face when she slightly raised her chin to enable her vision to notice that she'd parked her vehicle perfectly between the other two cars in front of the house

A small victorious smirk took over her face when she slightly raised her chin to enable her vision to notice that she'd parked her vehicle perfectly between the other two cars in front of the house. Blinking a few times, she turned off the ignition, continuing to hum the tune that had been stuck in her head after hearing it on the radio.

She carefully got out of the black coloured Mercedes before grabbing her paperwork and her phone from the seat next to her, her hair flying and sticking in all directions they could as soon as her form met with the chilly breeze outside. Glancing towards the sky, she noticed the dark clouds taking over the blue and carried on locking the car with the thought of a pleasant night.

She lazily strolled towards the entrance of the seemingly warm bungalow with yellow lights and intricate exterior complimented by several eye-pleasing white steps as if she was about to enter heaven, for she felt impatience get the best of her. As soon as she got inside, she let out a tired sigh, taking off her heels while holding her stuff in another hand. The house seemed oddly quiet. The usually loud abode filled with the noises of television or just boisterous laughter was unusually silent, but she did not really give it too much importance and was too tired to do so.

She massaged her toe while enjoying the feeling of the cold floor against her bare foot and closed her eyes, humming in delight. After deciding to find a spot for placing the items she held, she grabbed the glass kept on the dining table, a few thoughts about how to start her next week running through her mind.

As soon as the glass touched her lips, the peaceful silence was interrupted by a loud scream and consequently, the glass fell off her hands, shattering due to its surprise touch with the floor.

Her heartbeat fastened, a loud audible gasp left her mouth along with her head snapping towards the staircase, which was the apparent origin of the frightening sound. Her big eyes were filled with fear, eyebrows slightly furrowed with concern and confusion.

And her eyes snapped open.

She gasped again, taking in a huge amount of air which she felt had been snatched from her for the past few minutes. Her hand instinctively went to her chest, eyes looking around to search for known surroundings but finding none.

Exhaling softly, she calmed down after recollecting the situation she was in, and how she'd ended up in this unfamiliar but extremely comfortable mattress.

It was yesterday that she had been accompanied by the young lawyer to an eatery, and while helping her get more aware about her surroundings, he had been generous enough to let her into his residence after observing her disoriented self.

Her hand went towards the side of her head upon remembering the fact that they had found a huge bruise there last night which had been aided temporarily, the source of the severe painful throbbing she had never gotten rid of.