five

She wasn't seemingly ready to accept the fact, enduring it became treacherous as her world started to crumble under her feet

She wasn't seemingly ready to accept the fact, enduring it became treacherous as her world started to crumble under her feet. Her legs gave up and she sat down on the couch with a thump, her eyes succumbed to a world she did not yet recognise.

She felt the warm feeling build up in her gut, every time she heard the name being repeated by the news reporter. Although she didn't remember anything at all, her brain could connect certain vague memories that only whispered of the warmth and authenticity of those moments. She could remember she felt  happiness fill her being whilst a motherly hug confided her during a moment too harsh. Emotions of pride and winning and losing, all felt as if interconnected but what disturbed her the most was the fact that she couldn't even be sure if those were the memories she shared with her mother.

The built of tears at the brim of her eyes had let loose and a lone tear fell out of her eyes, leading to the gush of a streamline of tears. She felt remorse and grief and a feeling that couldn't be explained in a single word.

A feeling that somehow told her that her mother was unquestionably her whole universe, and she cherished her more than anyone. No sooner had she seen the headlines flashing on the edges of the television than her mind went into a state of frenzy and she froze for a moment, unable to comprehend her next action or reaction. She couldn't bother much about the man that was watching her intently or the noise from the television that had turned imperceptible by itself, her oblivious form numbing all her senses and turning them vague for a little while.

"Is that true?" She asked although the facts were right before her eyes as smiling pictures of her mother were being displayed on the television. "Why didn't you tell me?" She sounded weaker with every second, her voice breaking before she could complete her sentence as if it was hard to speak.

"I did not know, Youra." Jungkook reasoned, standing up from his seat and gently kneeled in front of her. He reached out for her palms, his thumbs rubbing small circles on her skin to calm her down. He looked back up in her eyes that had chosen not to show any movement, her visibly anxious yet expressionless face leaving him a bit concerned.

"Of course," She weakly scoffed, pulling away from his grasp. Turning away from him, she continued to stare at the carpet under her feet on which Jungkook sat.

"I don't lie about things like these." He tilted his head a little to divert her vision to himself. He looked around, his mind formulating things for him to say regarding something so sensitive for the girl facing him. In all honesty, death was not something new to him. The concept was mere data, it was his work. But somewhere he felt the need to deal with this differently, the need to think his words well before speaking them out.

"I'm sorry things turned out this way-"

"You have nothing to be sorry about." She interjected.