twenty two

This time he didn't require taking two steps at once as he confidently walked along with Youra towards the interrogation room. "All that matters is your confidence, Youra," He spoke reassuringly. "If anything, you can always choose to skip a question, and besides I'll be there with you." She nodded, smiling at him slightly before straightening her dress and casually strolling inside the interrogation room.

As Jungkook was about to enter behind her a hand on his shoulder stopped him. "Not this time, Romeo," Daehoon snickered, pointing at the other for door Jungkook to open. Jungkook sighed, trying to peek inside the room but failed, opening the other door instead as he walked near the one-way mirror, staring at his client.

"Good morning, Youra," The team leader greeted as she bowed her neck in response, smiling a little. "You seem rather prepared this time." He stated, keeping his files on the table and taking his seat.

"I am," She replied in the affirmative.

"Good, I wouldn't want it to be any longer than necessary. That being said I hope you are aware of your rights?" She nodded. "Alright, let's get over with this then."

Youra took a deep breath, calmer than last time but somewhere her wariness caused her to be nervous. The room did not haunt her as much, and neither did the only lightbulb hanging from the centre of the ceiling disturb her. She remembered Daehoon being attentive to her overall behaviour when she last met him and this time was no different as she saw his eyes set on her fiddling fingers. She stopped fiddling with them, cleared her throat, and waited for him to question her.

"First things first, how have you been coming along with Doctor Jung?" His voice hadn't changed even a bit, it was still soft but cautious.

"It is nice meeting him. Also that having his guidance has helped me clear my head a little, organize my thoughts and emotions as well as open about them." She voiced out, satisfied with her answer as she stared back at him with an equal amount of concentration.

"Good thing, I talked to him about you earlier this morning and he said that you had been taking the sessions seriously and have made a lot of progress since the first time you guys met. I'm glad he could help you." His words were generous and made her smile. "Now, Miss Song, we have found some evidence back at your home and on your mother's body." She nodded quietly, anticipating what was to come next. "You know that we have CCTV footage showing that you left the house somewhat near the time of your mother's death. And may I include that you were hurrying out of there. Secondly, we've found your fingerprints on her dress. Do you have something to say about it?"