Bar-B-Que

**Phoebe's P.O.V.**
Ryan, was manning the grill; Liam, Sophia, Perrie, Zayn, Brooklyn and I were sitting on the patio; while Harry, Louis, Niall, and the kids were playing on the play set.
"So Ryan, I did not know you were friends with our drummer." Liam said.
"Oh you are? That is awesome mate." Zayn said.
"I am?" Ryan asked confused. "What's his name?"
"Josh Devine." Liam said.
"Oh yeah. He lived in the same building as me. He is the one who helped us find this place, he took pictures of a few house and than sent to us." Ryan said. "I didn't know he was in your band. How did you know we were friends?"
"Someone mentioned seeing you two together a couple of times." Liam while smirking at Sophia, who was blushing.
"So Phoebe," Sophia turned to me. Liam's smirk dropped. "Viola and Rosalyn were telling me that like to take a lot of pictures. Is that what you to be? A photographer?"
"Yes. I am taking online classes for now." I told her. "Hopefully I will be done with the classes by December."
"How old are you?" She asked me.
"I am 17." I said.
"And you are already taking collage classes?" She asked.
"For almost a year and a half now. I started in January last year."
"So you come home from high school to take online classes?"
"No." I told her. "I graduated high school last year."
"Wow." She said shocked. "So you are like really smart."
"I guess." I told her while looking down embarrassed.
"How old were you when you graduated high school, Ryan?" Sophia asked.
"I was 16 as well." Ryan told her. "We will all be 16 when we graduate, unless one of the kids skips a grade or fails."
"Well I feel kinda dumb now." Sophia said. I looked down at my lap, now she is not going to want to be friends with me just like all the people from high school.
I stood up and grabbed Brooklyn. "Well it was nice meeting you. Please stay and enjoy the rest of your night." I said quickly. "I am going to get Brooklyn ready for bed and then turn in myself. Goodnight."
"Phoebe? We have even eaten yet." Ryan called out.
"I'm not very hungry." I lied. "The cupcakes are on the counter and the ice cream is in the freezer." I walked inside and closed the door behind me.

**Liam's P.O.V.**
"What just happened?" I asked.
"Did I say something wrong?" Sophia asked.
"Not really. It's just in high school nobody wanted to be her friend beacuse she was smart and it made them feel dumb." Perrie told her.
"So when I said I felt dumb, it made her think I did not want to be her friend like the kids from her high school." Sophia said.
"I will go talk to her." Perrie said."No let me." I said and started walking to the house. Once I was inside I headed towards Brooklyn's room. Phoebe was digging through Brooklyn's clothes."What are you doing?"
"Getting Brooklyn ready for bed." She said.
"Why?" I asked her.
"Because, she is tired." She said, but Brooklyn started flaing her arms and legs while smiling.
"She does not look tired to me." I told as I took Brooklyn from her. "What are you really doing up here instead of down there with everyone else? It is not because of what Sophia said is it? Because she did not mean she did not want to be your friend, she was just joking around. Nobody here does not want to be your friend or we would not have come over tonight or any other day." I paused for a moment. "Besides, Sophia likes your brother. She obviously does not mind people being smarter than her. That does not matter to most people."
"None of you care that we graduated at 16 or that we are in our in 2nd year of collage."
"Nope, we like you for you. And some people are even attracted to people who are smart." I told her. "So let's go back downstairs and enjoy the party that is for you, Ryan, and the kids." I held my hand out for her to take. She smiled and reached for my hand as well, then we walked back downstairs and I saw everyone staring at us.
"Why are you holding Fi-Fi's hand?" Landon asked me.
"I was just walking her back downstairs." I told him as Phoebe quickly removed her hand from mine.

**Phoebe's P.O.V.**
As we enetered the backyard I felt like everyone was staring at us.
"Why are you holding Fi-Fi's hand?" Landon asked Liam.
"I was just walking her back downstairs." Liam told Landon. I felt my face heat and moved my hand out of Liam's.
Landon pointed his finger at Liam. "That better be why mister. She is mine, not yours." Every laughed at that. The rest of the night passed by without any upset.