Somber

"I been back and forth between love and war, we the reason that them niggas don't come on our side" - Lil Poppa 💙

                                  India James                       Baton Rouge, Louisiana                                      10:45 pm 

       India James
                       Baton Rouge, Louisiana
                                      10:45 pm 

"FUCK" I scream as I heard gunshots and tires screeching behind me as I ran fast as I could. I finally got the chance to leave him. I knew that if I tried I would die but I would risk it all.

I held pressure to my side as I ran blood gushing out of it. Lucky the only thing he did was stab me. But god that hurt.

It's been 5 1/2 years since I've gone "missing" since I was there at that house, I've seen myself all over the news reports as a missing girl, them not knowing I still reside here.

It made me cry sometimes. Tv privileges was a rare thing when I was there. I had to "work" for it.

I hope they don't think I'm dead. I just wish I can see my family again.

I start to slow down as things get woozy around me but that didn't stop me from running even faster.

I wouldn't let him catch me again. I'd rather bleed out.

Death Before dishonor.

I ran into a dark alley thinking I had lost him. And I had did. For a second.

The gunshots stopped ringing in my ear and the car that was speeding after me was no where near me anymore.

Or so I thought.

Fuck. Could he have found me?

I press my back against the cold brick wall and I slide down to the concrete still holding my side in pain.

I hiss and look down and my bloody hand. This is the worst pain I've ever felt before.

"Indiaaaaa" I heard him drag my name out as his voice boomed into the alley way getting closer and closer.

I gasped and covered my mouth trying not to make a sound as i heard footsteps coming closer.

It was cold. It was hard not to move when it was cold out here.

Another dumb thing. I should've grabbed my clothes before running out of there.

I got too far to start thinking about clothes. Fuck it.

"Baby girl you know you can't hide from me. I told you this before, you can't run. Save me the torture of tryna kill you and come out mamas." I didn't say anything. I kept my mouth shut.

Pls don't come any further.

I heard him chuckle. "You gon make me do this the hard way baby? Aight. I'll play yo lil hide and seek game."

What the fuck? This isn't a game. Ain't no way in hell I'm going back with him. He'll beat me to death.

"One..." he counted as his voice came closer.

I didn't move an inch. This wasn't a game of hide and seek. It was a game of life and death.

"Two...." I heard his gun cock as he came closer. His voice boomed all over the alley way.

I began to shake. No. I can't die here. Not like this.

I peeped out from behind the garbage to see his huge shadow walking towards me. Tears ran down my face as I put my hand to my mouth covering it.

Please god. Let me be in your favor this one time.

Please.

"Three." He pulled me out from behind the garbage by my neck lifting me up.

I struggled to get out of his grip as he held on tighter.

"Didn't I tell you you couldn't run?" I looked into his brown eyes as tears fell down my face.

"Nothing huh?" He chuckled and held me at gun point.

"No please, plea-

I woke up. I gasped heavily as I jump out of my sleep my heart beating rapidly.

"India? Are you ok?" Indigo my sister asked.

I nodded my head putting my hand to my heart trying to calm down.

Indigo sighed. "You're doing it again India, why won't you tell me what's going on?"

I looked up at her and cuffed her cheek. "I'm fine, ok? Don't worry about me." She smiled and nodded.

Indigo has been by my side since I returned a year ago, she doesn't know what happened and I don't choose to tell her.

No one believed that I was still alive, being that I was gone  for so long. They thought I was dead. 12 threw my case away when I was missing for only a year. My family didn't believe it either but it was fine.

As for indigo, she's been by me through everything. She's happy that I'm back, and so am I. That's all that matters.

As for those nightmares tho, they've been happening more often now.

I can't turn off the lights before I go to sleep and I have to have someone to stay with me while I sleep. I could tell that Indigo gets sad when I jump when she tries to touch me.

This is torture. I just wish this could be all over. Those nights reply over and over again as i slept. Images clear as day and I can't seem to get them out of my head.

Sometimes I wonder why didn't I just let him kill me. I should've let him end it all then and there. But then if he did, I wouldn't be sitting here with my sister right now.

At least I know I have something to live for. Not for myself but for my sister. I can just imagine what went through her head when she found out when I first came back.

I wish I could go back.

Now, everything was somber.

Distant melodies I

Distant melodies I...

Heyy guys I hope you enjoyed the first chapter, tell me what y'all think in the comments. See y'all next chapter. 💚