nineteen

I was running out of the shop.

I had suspected that Madam Malkin was the one who murdered my grandparents. I just could not accept it until I asked her. And I did that because I couldn't keep my curiosity in check. 

What do I do?

Do I kill a threatened old lady because she killed my own family?

Does Madam Malkin really deserve it?

Do I deserve to kill her? 

I had no idea and so I did the only thing I knew.

I left.

My fingers crept up to my throat, still sore from Cassius' choking. The memory of him pinning me against the tree, almost killing me, and the way his eyes glittered darkly wouldn't leave me alone.

I didn't mean it when I hated him but now, I wasn't sure.

Whenever I thought of him, I thought of that spell he used. Calignous. The way that death eater tortured me. The way Cassius killed and tortured without hesitation. Why didn't I feel disgusted? 

All I wanted to know was why he turned out like this.

Now I understood what he meant by the nightmares. They never left.

It was raining and I was drenched by the time I found myself at the last place I expected. Draco's manor. My feet had taken me all the way to his front door and I was frozen. My hair was splattered against my face. I was a mess.

I should leave.

I really should.

Instead, I pushed the doors open, soaked wet.

I was more selfish. 

"Rosalyn?" Draco's eyes widened as he whipped his head towards me. He had been going to his library, two books in his hand.

I gaped for a moment, stopping myself from tackling him in a hug. "Draco, I-"

How would he react if he knew about Madam Malkin? That she killed my grandparents?

His eyes weren't as cold as before, but they were guarded. "What are you doing here?"

No doubt I was a mess. My robes were soaked and my eyes were red from sobbing on the way. I must have looked pathetic but Draco has seen me even worse before.

Also, Narcissa would probably be horrified to see all the water ruining her floors.

"I just," I shook my head, finally being able to speak. "Sorry. I have no idea why I'm here."

I was a terrible person, even now.

I was lying to him.

I knew exactly why I was here.

"You're still lying to me," he shook his head, almost sadly. "Why? I don't understand what I did wrong."

"You didn't do anything wrong, Draco." That was all I could tell him. 

He surged towards me, his pale blond hair shining. "Then tell me. You used to tell me everything. You used to trust me!"

"I do trust you," I cried out at him. "But you don't trust me enough to respect my decisions."

"You're keeping secrets," Draco hissed, his silver eyes narrowing. "That's not trust."

I laughed. "What about all the times you lied to me, Draco?"