06 : We used to love each other.

-ˋˏ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"I said no."

Hoseok sighed, rubbing his temples on the other side of the phone.

"Yoomi-yah I understand your point of view, but-"

"I'm sorry to cut you off right here but I won't go and listen to him so he can feel better and have a weight off of his shoulders, he has to live with his own regrets."

There was a small silence, sounds of shuffling heard through the phone.

Yoomi furrowed her eyebrows, intrigued.

"Hello ? You're still here ?"

"Yoo-Yoo.."

The girl sighed, throwing her head back out of annoyance.

"I said I don't want to talk to you Yoongi-yah." She responded, irritation heard in her voice.

"And I want to give you the apology you deserve, let me explain myself, please.. I promise I'll let you go after that."

She sighed, holding the bridge of her nose.

"Where are you ?" She asked, grabbing her car keys.

"The dorm." He answered, a hint of excitement heard in his voice.

"I'll be there soon, don't expect anything from me and you'll leave me the fuck alone afterwards." She said, opening the hotel's door.

"You know I'll always wait for you."

She hung up, getting into her car to drive to the Bangtan dorm.

Yoomi had no idea if listening to Yoongi was the good thing to do, but she needed some time and space.

If Yoongi was willing to give her that after a five-minute long conversation, she wouldn't refuse.

She arrived at the dorm at the luxurious residence of Hannam the Hills, finding her ex-fiancé standing in front of the door.

He looked at the ground, hands in his pockets, a sigh escaping his mouth.

Neither of them ever thought they would get to this point, but there they were, interacting like strangers.

"Hey."

Yoongi looked up at Yoomi, feeling his throat tighten.

No matter how tough he looked, inside, he was a very sensitive guy.

He messed up but was still hanging on an inexistant thread of hope. He lost Yoomi long ago, she wasn't willing to go through all the pain of trying to love Yoongi ever again.

"Hi.. You look-"

"Get to the  point Yoongi-yah." She cut him off, crossing her arms against her chest.

Her short hair was pulled back with a clip, her body covered by large grey sweatpants and a long sleeve white top.

He could see she didn't do any effort, but she was still beautiful.

Yoongi himself wore black trackpants and a black low v-neck t-shirt, his brown-greyish hair brushing against his forehead, round glasses on his nose.

He stayed silent, looking at her.

His lower lip tucked behind his teeth, shame taking over him as he wondered how he could've hurt someone so precious.

She was willing to do and accept everything for him, that's precisely what destroyed them.

"I'm.. First of all I.. I'm honored that someone like you ever loved someone like me." He started with difficulty, trying his best to not look away from her eyes to show his sincerity.

None only he felt guilty, but talking about his feelings was already very difficult as itself.

"I still love you Yoongi-yah, I just cannot be with you for my own sake." She answered.

"And that's why I'm willing to fight for us, if we still love each other then-"

"Love isn't enough Yoongi-yah, you weren't ready to commit into a serious relationship and I only get that now." She cut him off again, not wanting to hear him victimize himself any further.

Yoongi licked his lips, his head lowering.

"I promise I tried for you Yoomi-yah, I wanted to be the best for you, I didn't need anything else when I had you, you were enough to make me feel loved and happy and.. And whatever happens, I still want my life to end by your side."

Her eyes filled with tears, but nothing ran down her cheeks.

She listened to him, her throat tightening but not saying anything, each breath feeling hard to take.

"I always tried my best but.. But I guess I'm just a bad person."

"You're not a bad person Yoongi-yah you know.. You just have issues that are too big for me to handle and if you want to be happy, you have to face them." Yoomi answered, keeping her voice soft.

Yoongi was the worst to her, but she couldn't hate him, she simply couldn't.

She spent three years giving him everything, loving him until she couldn't anymore, she wouldn't just let him down now.

"I was selfish, I was only caring about the happiness you gave me and not the other way I.. I'm so sorry Yoo-Yoo, but I beg you to not doubt the love that I have for you, I want to see you happy, even without me."

At this rate, Yoomi felt bad.

They had to break up for him to open his eyes, it was heartbreaking.

She played with her car key in her hand, gulping.

"I'll be fine.." She muttered.

"How do you pay the hotel ?" He asked, lightly cocking his head.

She sighed, looking up at him.

"With my savings."

"Put the bill on my name, I owe it to you." Yoongi immediatly said.

"Yoongi-"

He raised his index, admiring her face with pain in his eyes, knowing she most likely won't be his again.

He was desperate, heartbroken and felt the biggest piece of shit this world has ever known.

"What kind of man would I be if I let the woman I love spend her savings to run away from me when I'm the reason she doesn't have money in the first place ?"

-ˋˏ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

.

.

©️ASHLEY