VI - "Quirk"

Kirishima

Mr. Aizawa walked out to the training field with Mr. Kan and his class behind him. "Well if it isn't 1-A!" Monoma called, walking towards Iida, "I do hope you're not planning on making this training exercise easy on us."

Iida pointed at Bakugou, who snarled, "I am not our coach! He is." Monoma looked towards Bakugou and laughed.

Monoma made his way towards Bakugou and said something that I couldn't quite figure out, but it was enough for Bakugou to almost choke him, and I'm sure he would've if Kendo didn't pull him away.

"As you might have guessed, we will be having a group training session," Aizawa explained. He kept going and explaining the rules, but I wasn't listening. 

I looked towards Bakugou, who looked pissed. Aizawa waved both of our classes off, the students swarming towards Bakugou, who handed out a training schedule. 

I noticed Monoma grazed Bakugou's hand, probably trying to copy his quirk. I took the papers last, thanking the ash blond and making my way to the training dummies.

"WHAT THE FUCK-" Monoma yelled as he let out a huge explosion, he shot his head towards Bakugo, "I THOUGHT YOU WERE QUIRKLESS YOU LYING BAS-" Mr. Kan pushed Monoma back, Bakugou looking at Monoma in confusion.

"Bakugou?" I turned my head towards Bakugou, who was looking down at his hands, "maybe he's just messing with you? He could've copied someone else's quirk."

Bakugou looked back at me and down at his feet, turning his right foot, "probably," he whispered to himself and sighed, putting on his mad face, running towards Monoma, ready to throw hands only for both teachers to pull them off from one another.

--

It seems like no one paid much interest in what Monoma did except for Bakugou and Midoriya. It isn't my place to pry but it really seemed like Bakugou was ready to let out emotions that aren't anger. 

The ash-blond walked towards me, grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards the elevator. Why me? Mina would've been a better choice of someone to take with you to cry. I guess my room is right next to his, but it doesn't seem like that's the case.

We walked into the elevator and I could hear Bakugou sniffled as he wiped his nose, "you tell anyone and I kill you," he said as I looked at him, making me simply nod and look away.

He wasn't okay, I know he wasn't. His childhood friend who was also quirkless got a quirk and a person who has the power to copy quirks managed to pull something out of him.

We walked in silence into Bakugou's room, and he flopped himself onto his bed, yelling into the pillow. Jeez, he was really pent up.

"You good?" I asked, flopping myself onto the bean bag by Bakugou's bed. He turned his head to look at me and glared with tears in his eyes, "got it-" I mumbled, I looked up and snapped my fingers, "maybe you do have a quirk? It just didn't develop?"

"That's not how quirks work," Bakugou grumbled back, "and I have that useless pinky bone, so there's no way," Bakugou sat up and took the pillow, setting it on his chest and holding it, "we went to the doctors and everything."

I bit my lip and sat up, falling off of the bean bag, "shit..." I stood up and sat next to him, laughing off my fall, "well," I shrugged, "I have no idea what I'm supposed to comfort you with, honestly you should've dragged Mina with you and not me."

"It was a brash decision okay?!" Bakugou threw the pillow onto my face, pulling it back to his chest immediately after, "you were the first person I saw, your stupid face is hard to miss."

I looked at him with an offended face, it was a faked one, obviously. "That's rude, Bakugou," I shoved him to the side, Bakugou chuckling to himself. He lied back on the bed, tugging at my shirt so I was pulled down to lie next to him.

It was nice. This is nice. Lying next to your friend in silence, knowing you being there is a way of comfort for them. 

I could hear Bakugou's breaths become steady. Huh... He fell asleep. I turned to the side and looked him over, he looked peaceful. 

If only I would see this every day... I slapped myself, I need to stop thinking of him this way. 

I sat up, looking at Bakugou from behind my shoulder with a smile. I turned back and whispered to myself a line I sure hope Bakugou didn't hear, but at the same time, I want him to have heard it. 

"God, I'm so gay--"