XIX - "Tag Team III"

Bakugou

"Hurry up, slowpokes!" I yelled at the three running behind me.

"I have to listen to sounds while I run," Jirou yelled back at me, her voice kind of annoyed. 

The three talked between themselves about me, not that I could really hear them as the explosions grew louder as I got angrier. A piece of scales flew in front of me.

"There!" I called, stopping myself and keeping myself elevated, "ears!"

"It's Jirou!" Jirou yelled back, I rolled my eyes. She linked the end of her ear things with the ground and pipes.

"Everyone should be close," I kept looking forwards, crouching over a pipe and looking around, "find them."

Jirou stayed quiet for a bit, trying to listen to sounds. "It's too loud-" she mumbled, she shot up and yelled, "she got me!"

"And it's over," a floating mouth said next to me. I looked over at it with widened eyes and tried to hit her, but she flew away laughing. I started blasting the pieces after me while flying off of them, pushing myself backwards.

"Bakugou, over here," Jirou called at me as I flew over the tape Sero set out in an attempt to block some of her pieces.

"And it's over!" She repeated her classmate spraying glue onto Sero's tape.

One of her other classmates cut the piping, the pieces falling at the three. I blew away a piece that Sato was trying to stop as it fell towards him. 

Knowing him and his thought process, he was probably going to try and protect Sero and Jirou rather than worrying for himself.

Some of the lizard girl's pieces hit my head and I was shot a bit further away as Sero yelled my name. "Just what I wanted!" blade bug yelled, throwing himself towards Jirou, "I'll start with Jirou."

He shot himself towards her, I turned and looked at the three and shot myself down to kick Jirou out of his way, standing over her and shooting an explosion at him, "I've gotten stronger too, you know?!" I yelled at him as he flew back, the blades on his arms shooting back into him as he blocked it. "Blocked it? Bugs have fast reflexes, huh?" I was both trying to annoy him and taking down mental notes for future training.

I let out another large explosion, the fire from it shooting in between the piping as bug guy was thrown against a pipe.

"Seriously?!" Tokage called, looking over at Kamakiri who has seemed to pass out.

"Thanks!" Jirou called, I grunt at her.

"They got away, look for them," shit- I definitely forgot to take my noon pill. "It doesn't matter if it's practice or not," Jirou nodded and listened to anything again, "I've decided, I will have complete victory in every fight."

STOP. WHY ARE THESE WORDS LEAVING MY MOUTH-- I feel like a villain. I need to take the pill but Eijirou has them. Shit.

I calmed down a bit, but my voice still stayed aggressive, "4-0, no injuries, that's how someone who's really strong wins!"

--

Mr. Aizawa showed us a thumbs up, his face still expressionless, "you didn't do any more damage than you needed to and you secured them quickly after you captured them," he looked at me and then at the other three, "with Bakugou as the focus with his mobility and combat ability, the three of you also provided good support."

We could hear Vlad yell at his students after Mr. Aizawa dismissed us.

"Give 'em," I stood over Eijirou who looked up at me in confusion and then whispered an 'oh'. I grabbed the pill bottle from his hand and walked towards the restroom nearby. I need to be able to control my feelings.

Of course, I want to be a hero, who doesn't?

But I also want to be able to not rely on some stupid fucking pill to help me keep calm. 

My quirk has been getting strong and since I've always been agile and quick, I was able to develop myself even before the sports festival, but now with this exercise, I could show my improvement.

I popped the pill out of the bottle and put it in my mouth, I cupped my hands and got water from the sink, drinking it and swallowing the pill.

Mr. Aizawa and Mr. Kan thought that going to the beach during winter would be a good way to prepare ourselves for the freezing temperature we'll have to train in, which it did, and I'm very much still pissed at Shinsou and Eijirou for trying to force me to go into the cold water.

I walked out of the restroom and was greeted by Kaminari praising me and Jirou, who also walked out of the women's restroom right before me, she corrected him after he called her a 'heroine'.

I agree with her. She's a hero, not a heroine. A heroine is a person who needs saving, while she's the person who saves.

I stayed quiet as Sero talked next to Kaminari, saying something that I didn't care to hear as I made my way over to Eijirou. 

Monoma was making a really loud speech to his class, the remainder of class 1-A simply rolling their eyes.

The group up next walked towards the entrance to the arena, most of the students wishing them good luck.