Chapter 4

TW: none

Tommy POV

I got out of bed and yawned, glancing at the clock on my bedside table. 6:37. Too early for anyone to be up yet and too late for me to go back to sleep. I walked outside and sat down at one of the picnic tables in the backyard. The sun crept just above the edge of the distant forest, painting the light blue sky a soft orange as the stars slowly faded away. I heard a slight shuffling and turned to see Ranboo walking sleepily over to where I was sitting.

He sat down next to me and rested his head in his arms, squinting at the bright morning sunlight. He looked like he hadn't slept at all.

"What's got you so tired?" I questioned.

"Nightmares," he replied solemnly.

"And Tubbo snoring," he added after a moment. I still wasn't quite sure why those two shared a room. I mean I get that they're friends, but Tubbo has got to be one of the most annoying and clingy people to room with.

---------

It was getting to be noon when Tubbo suggested we should go on a walk, just the three of us. I went off to find Ranboo and spotted the end of his tail poking out of a light blue hammock near the edge of the tall trees.

"Have you found him yet?" Tubbo called from the kitchen where he was packing a picnic for while we were gone.

"Yeah, he's asleep in one of the hammocks. Figures though, he was up early. Said he was having nightmares or something." I replied. I knew Ranboo had nightmares often from when we were little. Sometimes he would be sitting out on the roof really early in the morning because he didn't want to go back to sleep and risk being sent back into the terrifying dreams.

"Yeah, I was thinking that. He was moving around all night. I had to wake him up a few times cause he started crying in his sleep. I'm starting to worry about him, Tommy, it just seems like he keeps taking two steps forward before falling right back down the stairs," Tubbo sighed leaning in the doorway and watching a small bird scour the grass for insects.

"That's the other thing I wanted to ask you about, why do you two share a room?" I asked curiously.

"He's my boyfriend, I thought you knew that," Tubbo replied, cocking his head to one side as he looked up at me. Shock overtook me as I shouted back,

"HE'S YOUR WHAT!?!?"

429 words<3

a/n: i hope you liked that chapter. i don't really have too much to say, but drink water and see ya laters