'just friends'

Fluff, high school au, also important shit at the end of this.

Tré's POV

I sat at a lunch table with my friends, those being Mike, Mark, Tom, Matt, and Billie. Me and Billie sat next to each other, throwing plastic straws at each other. We were a laughing mess, and afterwards we kissed.

We did that a lot, us being super close. We've been friends since 7th grade, and now we were in our senior year. I liked being close with Billie.

But, this kiss meant more to both of us. A month ago, Billie asked me to be his boyfriend, and of course, I said yes. Neither of us told anyone we were dating, since Billie only realized he was bisexual about 4 months ago and he hasn't come out yet.

People would ask us if we were dating, but we would always say that we were 'just friends.' I wouldn't tell anyone the truth unless Billie was ready.

"You guys sure you're not more than friends?" Matt asked. I shook my head, telling him the same thing I always did. I hated the fact that I had to lie to everyone, but at least I could still kiss Billie. Just not as passionately.

Matt just nodded, not totally believing us but also not questioning us further.

"Well, Billie's birthday is coming up soon. Anything you wanna do?" Tom asked. It was February 10th, only a week until Billie turned 18. It also meant it was 4 days until Valentines Day, and I had planned to take Billie out on a date night.

Billie shook his head, already knowing that he had plans. "Maybe we could hook you up with someone. Like that girl Amanda or something." Mike said. He probably didn't mean it, but Billie still look surprised at the suggestion.

"Uh, no. No thats fine. Y'know, I'm fine being single." I knew he didn't mean it, but it still hurt me when Billie said that.

Mike laughed at Billie's reaction, telling him something about girls that he might find attractive. Some of the names I recognized, but I really didn't pay attention. I just wanted to hang out with Billie. I loved hanging out with him

Lunch ended, and me and Billie walked to our next class. Except we didn't, and he instead led me to the boys bathroom.

"Do you think I should come out on my birthday?" Billie asked me as soon as the door was closed. Of course, I did want that. It meant that Billie wouldn't have to hide his true self anymore. But I didn't know how everyone would react. I was scared that we might get hurt. Hell, one time I wore a bisexual pin on my jacket in 6th grade and that entire day I got shoved onto lockers, slammed into walls, and people hit me. That was the main reason my family had moved. I didn't think that the people here would be that bad, but I didn't really want to take chances.

"I don't know. I want you too, but I'm scared that we'll get bullied."

Billie nodded. I knew he was thinking what I said, just didn't want to consider it. "Should we just tell our friends and then the school?"

I was pretty sure that none of our friends would react badly. Mike had constantly told us about guys he found cute, and whenever he did so, nobody at our table would get disgusted at that.

"Alright. Sure. Do you also wanna tell them that we're dating?"

"Pretty sure they already believe that we are, but sure. Now, you wanna ditch and go back to my place?"

I nodded. I loved being rebellious and skipping school when we were supposed to be in school. Felt cool, and it also meant spending more time with Billie. We skipped classes a lot, and I'm pretty sure Billie was gonna drop out soon.