lost & found

Chapter six

lost & found

✽✨

The air was bitter and damp - that was the first thing Stiles has acknowledged. When he felt his arm hair rose up he realized that it was colder than he thought, pulling his old flannel closer to his body.

Stiles felt like he was in some strange dream when he looked around and saw that he was sitting on a bench at some train station.

He wasn't alone though, he was surrounded by people - a lot of them in fact. Young, old, and middle-aged people were sitting on different benches, watching the clock.

It was so grey, there was no natural light and it felt bare. He felt uneasy just by sitting there.

A sudden confusion filled his body when he snapped back to reality and checked the room around him again. He was at a train station.

By himself.

All Alone.

There were 'arrivals' and 'departures' boards on one of the grey walls. There were over 20 town names and Beacon Hills was right on top with 'on time' written right next to the name.

He tightened his grip around the car keys he kept in the palm of his hand. "Excuse me?" He leaned towards the woman that was sitting next to him. "Sorry." An awkward apology slipped through his lips when she gave him a look. "Where are we?"

The woman looked at him funny. "We're at the train station." She said in a 'duh' tone.

"Right." He nodded. "Which train station exactly?"

The woman looked at the board. "Train station number one-thirty-seven." She replied and started minding her business again.

Stiles looked around. "Did you see me come in?" He continued asking questions.

"No." She shook her head, annoyed.

"How long have you been here?" He questioned, looking her up and down.

The woman breathed through her nose, thinking about the time. "Maybe an hour?" She said in an unsure voice.

"We got here at the same time." A man who was sitting next to the woman suddenly spoke up. He didn't bother to look up from the newspaper on his hands. "It's been at least six hours."

"Six hours?" Stiles gasped. "Where are you going?" He asked them.

The woman wanted to answer but she had no idea where she was going. She started going through her pockets, trying to find a ticket. "I had a ticket with me somewhere." She awkwardly chuckled.

"Are you always traveling in your work clothes?" He pointed out, nodding at her scrubs and doctor coat.

She looked down at her outfit. "I must've been in a rush." She murmured.