anamnesis

Chapter ten

anamnesis

✽✨

"The tunnel gate's locked."

Flora didn't know what the do, anxiety filled her whole being as she watched her friends securing the tunnel.

Scott and Lydia had the idea to use a machine Gerard used on Parrish to remember his Hellhound form - something that Flora had no idea about.

"So..." The Vila awkwardly cleared her throat as they all glared at it in complete silence. "How cold does this thing get?"

Lydia shrugged. "It's not the same as the ice bath Scott gave to Isaac but, it can lower your core temperature past anything human can survive."

Flora silently nodded, sucking on her lower lip. She was feeling hopeless as the time was ticking on their imaginary clock.

Malia was the only one who had no idea what they were doing down there. "What does freezing our asses off have to do with our memories?" She questioned after no one noticed her confused peeks.

Lydia has no problem with explaining the whole problem in under a minute - in English, so there was no problem with understanding everything.

"If we can figure out how to work it."

The werecoyote nodded and pointed at a button on the side. "This says 'start'."

Flora snorted. "Sorry." She faked a cough when she saw Scott's and Lydia's annoyed stares. "I'm not getting into that." Her bony finger rose towards the machine when Scott opened it.

"You don't have to, you wouldn't survive." Scott shook his head. "You also remembered him from the begging."

"I don't remember his face though." She bitterly answered while Scott took off his shirt, flexing his abs. "When do you have the time to work out?"

The Alpha grinned and shrugged, pressing the 'start' button when Flora stayed silent.

All of their breaths hitched when Scott stepped inside, closing the door behind him.

It looked like something straight out of 'SAW' and that was one of the reasons why Flora hated staring at it - the second reason is that she knew that Gerard was the previous owner of that thing.

And everyone knows that Gerard is bad news.

Flora started playing with her fingers as Lydia started explaining everything that could go wrong - just to warn Scott.

"You're like my brother, so don't you dare to freeze to death." The blonde awkwardly joked.

Scott's muffled chuckle barely reached their ears thanks to the metallic door. "I love you too." He answered before nodding at Lydia, showing her that she should start.