#5

The results.

It's been a week since the entrance exam. To say I was scared was an understatement. Sometime this week we were suppose to receive our results. Time is not my friend in this case... I'm only getting more anxious.

After I passed out I was taken to a recovery room. When I woke up Kiri was next to my bed, he was so happy that I was awake and well. He began to spew out praises for how I defend them from the robot and how it was so manly of me. He also pinched my arm and scolded me, told me to never do it again.
I know our new found friendship will last.

We I was released a few hours later Uraraka was waiting for me. She told me about witnessing Midoriyas astonishing strength and his utter stupidity in breaking his bones.

So I was right, it was Midoriya that I saw attack the robot. Before I could even say anything Uraraka already said he was fine and that Recovery Girl helped him. I was relieved he was Okey, I just hope he made it into U.A so that I can break his bones for making me worry so much.

We I got home Dad was waiting for me which surprised me considering his work. I broke into tears running into him for a hug. The exam really took a toll on me physically and mentally. I just really needed his comfort...

So here I am now... sitting at my desk waiting for my results. My nerves are absolutely shot, surely it won't take too long to receive them.

I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't even hear dad open the door and come in. "Zatanna... It's here."
Oh God.
I turned to dad, my face showing no emotion and I nodded ever so slightly.
He placed the envelope on my bed before leaving the room. "I'll leave you too it..." the door shut after that.

An envelope has never looked so scary. For the love of God why can't I move! My legs are shaking, my palms won't stop sweating. Come on Zatanna save yourself the disappointment of failure and get the damn envelope!

My body finally reacted.

I rose up from my chair slowly and walked over to the one thing that could determine my future.
I reached for the envelope, it felt strange, no paper inside... It looked like a disc of some kind. How peculiar.

I sank back down into my chair and opened the envelope in an agonizingly slow pace. The disc slid into my hand, I turned it over to get a better look at it. "How must I..." the one side of the disc emitted a blue light. "Alrighty then..."

I rested the disc with the light side facing up and a hologram appeared.

The Number One hero himself All Might appeared in a yellow suit. Why was he the one to announce the results...

"HELLO THERE I AM APPREARING TO YOU AS A PROJECTION!!!" Gezz this guy really is load. I smiled slightly, my nervousness disappearing for a spilt second. All Might continued.
"Before I announce your results I wish to inform you that I am speaking to you because I will be joining the staff at U.A. I will become a teacher and train the next generation of heros such as yourselves... Now that that is out of the way I will now continue with your results!"

Oh God here we go, lay it on thick with no sugar coating please. My mind can't possibly handle that now.
I began to pick at my fingers, a habit I thought I dropped years ago.