Kabanata 21

KABANATA 21 She Chose You

"Veign, anak!" Napatayo si daddy nang makita niya akong humakbang papasok sa pinto. 

My eyes weren't on his, though. I was busy trying to recognize the woman with him. Nakatalikod kasi ito kaya hindi ko makilala ang mukha. He didn't look young based on the style of the dress she was wearing. 

Lukas stayed beside me. Si daddy naman ay nakalapit na. 

"You're early," ani daddy pagkatapos ay hinalikan ako sa noo. 

Nakasilip pa rin ako sa babae. 

When she finally turned around the face us, I was so surprised that I didn't know how to react. 

"Tita Monica?" I muttered to myself first because I wasn't so sure if it's really her. 

Ngunit nang ngumiti siya at kinilala ang pagtawag ko sa kaniya ay nabuhayan ang dugo sa katawan ko. 

"Tita!" I exclaimed and walked fast to approach her. 

Sinalubong ako ng dalawang braso niya na nakahanda na upang mayakap siya. 

I crashed my body on her when I finally reached her. I embraced her so tight because I really missed her. 

When was the last time I saw Tita Monica?

"Oh, Veign, you're all grown up!" bulalas niya habang hinihimas ang aking buhok. 

I closed my eyes. The warmth of her voice made me want to cry. The affectionate and protective hug I had from her was very rewarding. Ito ang pinakamalapit na karanasan na maihahalintulad ko noong kasama ko pa si mommy. 

I wouldn't compare my mom to anyone else but if there's something that's close to those times when she was still here, it was always when I was with Tita Monica. She always showed me how a mother would be like to her daughter. 

"It was supposed to be a surprise!" dad mumbled, sounding disappointed because I ruined his plan.

Ngumisi ako. I let go of Tita Monica but she was still holding my arm when we faced dad. 

"Mamayang dinner pa dapat siya magpapakita sa'yo," ani daddy. 

Binelatan ko si daddy dahil nabuking ko ang surpresa niya. 

Nang mamataan si Lukas na malawak na nakangisi at pinapanood kami ay saka ko lang siya naalala. 

"Lukas, come here!" I told him. 

Dad looked over his shoulder and also called Lukas. 

Pumasok si Lukas sa opisina at sinara ang pinto. 

I could tell that he is nervous. Ngunit hindi niya ito ipinahalata kay daddy nang salubungin siya nito. 

Dad tapped Lukas' shoulder as they went up to us. 

"Tita, this my friend Lukas. Lukas, this is Tita Monica. A good friend of our family," I introduced them to each other. 

Nakipagkamay si Lukas kay Tita Monica. "Good afternoon, ma'am. I'm Lukas. It's nice to meet you," he said kindly with a gentle smile. 

Tita Monica looked very pleased as she beamed at Lukas. 

"Good afternoon, hijo. Please call me tita instead of ma'am. That would sound like I'm a little younger," ngisi ni Tita. 

"Okay po, tita," sunod ni Lukas. 

Napatawa ako sa sinambit niya. 

"When did you get home, Tita? Why didn't you tell me?" nguso ko.